Quality Management, 7.5 credits
Level: First level 1
Subject: Total Quality Maintenance (Terotechnology)
Department: Department of Mechanical Engineering
Course code: 1SE010
Subjects: Systems economics, Industrial management and organization
Duration: 4 Nov - 19 Jan, 2014
Study pace: Part time/Day
Semester: Autumn 2013. Find course start
Selection: Grade 33%, Aptitude test 33% and credits 34%.
Teaching Language: English
Contact person: Anders Ingwald, anders.ingwald_AT_lnu.se
Last application date: 15 Jan, 2013
Syllabus: Syllabus (PDF)
Application code: LNU-F6408
Prerequisites: Basic eligibility and knowledge corresponding to 7,5 credits in
Economics/Business Administration, 15 credits in Mathematics and Business Driven Quality Maintenance (SE9001) 7.5 credits
Language of instruction is English
After completing the course the student is expected to be able to give an account of the TQM concept and its application in manufacturing industries, understand and use methods and tools in quality improvement and assess the economic effects of quality improvements.
After completing the course the students are expected to be able to
- give an acount of the TQM concept and its application in producing and service providing enterprises
- understand and apply methods and tools within quality management
- give an account of the role of leadership and information within sustainable quality work
- give an account of quality management's economic significance
The course includes the following elements:
- The TQM concept and its historical development
- Quality of products and services
- Requirements on leadership and communication
- Methods and tools for quality assurance and improvement
- Process management
- Relations between quality and technical/economic results
The teaching consists of lectures, group work, laboratory work, submitted assignments and a case study.
B.Bergman & B. Klefsjö. Quality, from customer needs to customer satisfaction, Studentlitteratur, Lund, latest edition, Current articles 50-100
The assessment is based on submitted reports and oral and written presentations of compulsory assignments.
Tuition fee whole course:
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students.
Tuition fee information