Machine Design I, 7.5 credits
Level: First level 2
Subject: Mechanical Engineering
Department: Department of Mechanical Engineering
Course code: 2MT022
Subjects: Mechanical Engineering
Duration: 21 Jan - 24 Mar, 2013
Study pace: Part time/Day
Semester: Spring 2013. Find course start
Selection: Grade 33%, Aptitude test 33% and credits 34%.
Teaching Language: English
Contact person: Samir Khoshaba, samir.khoshaba_AT_lnu.se
Last application date: 15 Aug, 2012
Syllabus: Syllabus (PDF) (Only available in swedish)
Application code: LNU-F6410
Prerequisites: Mathematics 22,5 hp, Mechanics, 7,5 hp, Machine technology, basic course, 7,5 hp, Engineering tools, 7,5 hp, Advanced CAD in 3D, 7,5 hp, Solid mechanics, 7,5 hp or equivalent.
After completing the course the students are expected to have
- basic knowledge of impact, surface and fatigue loading
- an understanding and knowledge of the most common machine elements
- basic knowledge of machine design
- introduction into machine design
- the choice and dimensioning of some fundamental machine elements
- the design and dimensioning with regard to force flow, fatigue properties and the risk of machine damage
- the design of constructions with regard to impact loading
The teaching includes lectures, seminars, exercises, and group work time.
The examination of the course is based on a written exam and the project report.
Tuition fee whole course:
Tuition fees do NOT apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students.
Tuition fee information