Energy is a critical need of the society and rational use of energy is the most attractive approach towards solving the numerous issues created by energy utilization in the built environment. This course presents approaches and techniques for fulfilling final energy services while taking into consideration resource, financial, environmental and other constraints within the built environment.
This course contains the following elements:
• Overview and the significance of energy use in the built environment
• End use energy utilization and requirements
• Energy processes and systems for the built environment - from final energy demands to primary energy resources
• Energy system auditing, modeling and analysis
• Potentials, challenges and solutions to satisfy energy demand for a society toward a sustainable built environment
Växjö – the student city with a living campus
Just south of Växjö’s city centre you will find Linnaeus University’s campus. In Växjö, many students choose to live on campus.
Here you will have five minutes’ walking distance to friends, restaurants, lecture rooms, gym, grocery store, the University Library, nature trails, and student pubs. If you live in another part of Växjö, you can quickly get to the university by bus or bicycle.
With its 90 000 inhabitants, Växjö is one of the fastest growing cities in Sweden. Here you will find the famous Småland entrepreneurship spirit and a lot of companies, for instance within the IT industry – perfect for when you are looking for an internship position or a job. Växjö is also one of Europe’s greenest cities where you have easy access to nature, forest and lakes.
Build your own degree
Did you know that you can combine single-subject courses to build your own degree? In this way, you can design your own degree based on your interests and the career you are aiming for. Learn more about how you can build your own degree and become unique on the labour market.