After completing the course the student is expected to have basic knowledge of:
• the most common Swedish woods and be able to identify them
• the structure, chemical, physical and technical properties of fiber and wood
• timber handling and resistance
• marking for cross cutting, timber quality and timber measuring
• industrial processing and use
Roughly 15 minutes with a bike from the city centre, you will find Linnaeus University’s campus. It is like a small society with the university, student accommodation, and student life. Here you become part of a creative knowledge environment.
What will you come across on an excursion in Växjö – the city of contrasts? You will find good restaurants, a celebrated hockey team, and cozy cafés where you can enjoy a latte with lingonberry flavour. In Växjö, beautiful nature is always just around the corner; the city is surrounded by lakes and forests. Students like the combination of the city centre and the active student life on campus. Your dream of the future starts here!