This course provides a deeper knowledge on microelectronics, i.e. design of integrated circuits. Design and analysis of different amplifier stages, building blocks and systems is discussed. Operational amplifiers, oscillators (VCO, Voltage Controlled Oscillators) and Phase Locked Loops (PLL) are the primatry circuits that the course deals with. Applications are to be found in mobile communication, control, and measurement systems.
The course includes the following elements:
• The MOSFET transistor and semiconductor technology
• Amplifier stages with one or more transistors at high frequencies
• Operational amplifiers and interaction between the different building blocks
• Frequency analysis
• Feedback, stability and compensation (prevention of instability)
• Noise in building blocks and systems
• PLL - Phase Locked Loops
• Design and simulation of a simple IC
The course is given in English and includes lectures and compulsory laboratories.
Linnaeus University’s campus is located roughly 15 minutes with bicycle from the city centre. Campus is like a small society in its own right, with the university, student accommodation and student life all in one place. Everything happens on campus – here you become part of a creative knowledge environment and an eventful student life.
What will you find when exploring Växjö? There is a great selection of restaurants and cosy cafés. There is a large lake in the city centre, beautiful nature is always nearby. Many students enjoy the combination of the city centre in Växjö and life on campus. This is where your dream of the future begins!