This course provides a deeper knowledge on microelectronics, i.e. design of integrated circuits. Design and analysis of different amplifier stages, building blocks and systems is discussed. Operational amplifiers, oscillators (VCO, Voltage Controlled Oscillators) and Phase Locked Loops (PLL) are the primatry circuits that the course deals with. Applications are to be found in mobile communication, control, and measurement systems.
The course includes the following elements:
• The MOSFET transistor and semiconductor technology
• Amplifier stages with one or more transistors at high frequencies
• Operational amplifiers and interaction between the different building blocks
• Frequency analysis
• Feedback, stability and compensation (prevention of instability)
• Noise in building blocks and systems
• PLL - Phase Locked Loops
• Design and simulation of a simple IC
The course is given in English and includes lectures and compulsory laboratories.
Roughly 15 minutes with a bike from the city centre, you will find Linnaeus University’s campus. It is like a small society with the university, student accommodation, and student life. Here you become part of a creative knowledge environment.
What will you come across on an excursion in Växjö – the city of contrasts? You will find good restaurants, a celebrated hockey team, and cozy cafés where you can enjoy a latte with lingonberry flavour. In Växjö, beautiful nature is always just around the corner; the city is surrounded by lakes and forests. Students like the combination of the city centre and the active student life on campus. Your dream of the future starts here!