Where knowledge grows
We offer a modern university, with the highest possible quality in education. Education that helps you to actually make a difference in the world in which we live. The learning environment is characterised by an active student life with teaching and research staff in close proximity to our 37, 000 students. At our university, you will find a rich academic offer with more than 40 degree programmes and 500 courses in English, on both bachelor's and master's level.
Nature just around the corner
Linnaeus University is located in two cities, Kalmar and Växjö, both with nature just around the corner, adding to the quality of life during your studies. Växjö has been declared 'the greenest city in Europe' and is surrounded by wonderful forests and lakes, while Kalmar is a charming old city dating back to the Middle Ages, beautifully located by the Baltic Sea.
A springboard to worldwide knowledge
Linnaeus University is known for its strong international profile, with partner universities in more than 60 countries. Every year, more than 2,000 international students from all over the world come here to study. International students at Linnaeus University can study at undergraduate and graduate as well as on postgraduate level. We also offer a summer academy, an opportunity to expand your views in an intercultural environment, unique of its kind in Sweden.
Where everything is possible
Studying at Linnaeus University means being in an environment enriched with intrepidity, curiosity and innovation – the very essence of what the Swedish scientist Carl Linnaeus is renowned for. It is our hope that you will feel inspired, not only throughout your studies at Linnaeus University, but also that you bring the spirit of inspiration with you as an alumnus wherever you may go in the world. Welcome to Linnaeus University, the university of endless possibilities.
Facts about Linnaeus University
- A non-profit, public university, accredited by the Swedish government.
- A research university, with the right to employ doctoral students. Our research covers everything from labour market studies and social security issues, to entrepreneurship, bioscience, aquatic ecology, and wood and energy technology.
- A unique and close collaboration with IKEA – the largest furniture company in the world, founded in Älmhult in Småland.
- An active student life with buddy programmes and friend-family projects that help students engage with both Swedish and other international students, as well as with Swedish families.
- Highly-praised campus environments.
For further inspiration about studies at our university, see our brochure Study at Linnaeus University.
Meet our students
What is it like to be a student at Linnaeus University? Below we have gathered some interviews from students telling us about the programme they're studying. Are you interested in watching more student interviews? Just search for the programme you are interesed in at this link and the video will be further down on each specifik programme page.