Top reasons to study at Linnaeus University
- Comprehensive university, offering 40 degree programmes and 500 courses in English, on both bachelor’s and master’s level.
- Since 2014, we host our own Summer Academy – an international, intercultural and interdisciplinary study environment, unique of its kind in Sweden.
- At Linnaeus University you are enabled to grow as a person. The learning environment is characterized by teaching and research staff in close proximity to students.
- A non-profit public university, accredited by the Swedish government, with 31,000 students.
- Strong international profile, with 750 partner universities in more than 60 countries.
- Large community of international students. Every year, more than 1,600 students from around 60 countries come here to study.
- Research university, with the right to employ with the right to employ doctorate students. The research covers everything from labour market studies and social security issues, to entrepreneurship, bioscience, aquatic ecology, and wood and energy technology.
- Unique and close collaboration with IKEA – the largest furniture company in the world, founded in Älmhult in Småland.
- Active student life with buddy programs and friend family-projects to help students engage with both Swedish and other international students, as well as with Swedish families.
- Highly praised campus environments, positioning Linnaeus University as no 1 and no 2 in terms of campus buildings, campus environment and nice-to-be places in the ISB (International Student Barometer) 2014.
- At Linnaeus University nature is just around the corner, adding to a high quality of life. Växjö was once declared "The greenest city in Europe" and Kalmar is a charming medieval city, located by the Baltic Sea.
For further inspiration about studies at our university, see our brochure Study at Linnaeus University.
Meet our students
What is it like to be a student at Linnaeus University? Our student ambassadors from Vietnam, Bangladesh, Brazil, China and South Africa are happy to tell you more about it, and give you tips on how to get the most out of your time as a student. You can also meet Linnaeus University and our alumni at fairs around the world.
Thato Mmatli, South Africa
Leadership and Management in International Contexts, Master Programme
Contact Thato Mmatli