What does the third-cycle subject area mathematics education comprise?
Mathematics education is the scientific field which seeks to understand and contribute to the further development of mathematics teaching and the learning of mathematics at all levels of education, from preschool through university. This includes understanding of the role mathematics plays in the educational system and in society more generally. In terms of content, mathematics education focuses on the nature and character of mathematics and its role in the institutional context, as well as the opportunities and problems with facilitating learning and supporting the development of education in the subject.
- Read more about entry requirements, content and objectives of the programme in the study plan below
- General information about third-cycle studies at Linnaeus University
- Read more about our research at the Mathematics Education research group's web page
- The university library's subject guide for mathematics (in Swedish)
- Vacancies at Linnaeus University