Based on the requirements placed on a robot system, these can be configured based on different technical points of departure, how they are to be used and methods for creating efficiency. Common equipment is taken up as adaptations to different work processes and applications. Here grippers and sensors come in as well as process equipment of various kinds.
The course covers factors for investment, as well as laboratory work on how security and programming can be handled.
This course is for professionals who work with production systems, automation and robotics at various levels as responsible for individual production lines, departments, or role as production manager or production development. The course will mainly focus on the manufacturing industry in application examples, but principles that will be addressed will be applicable to a number of industries, including consulting companies working towards the manufacturing industry.
The course contains the following:
- Industrial robots as a concept; structure and properties; robots in relation to concepts such as Industry 4.0 and Smart Industry
- Principles of use; configuration of robot system
- Laboratory work with safety and programming of industrial robots
- Development trends, global perspective
Most of the parts of the course will take place on Campus (Växjö), and at a distance according to the schedule below. Laboratory work is carried out on Campus, and we will, as far as possible, be flexible with times for these. During the course, participants will be encouraged to contribute with possible automation from their companies. Shorter study cases will be given, which will be reported during the course. These together with completed laboratory work constitute examination of the course. We will as far as possible be flexible with times for the different course elements.
- Language of instruction: Swedish. Some literature and some parts may be in English.
- The course is free of charge and gives 4 credits, which normally includes about 100 hours of work.
- Course material will be distributed in connection with the course.
The course will be given during the autumn 2022.
What competences do I need to apply?
Basic eligibility for this course is a bachelor's degree. Work experience in a relevant area for the course also provides an opportunity to apply for the course. Two years of relevant work experience is considered to correspond to one year of university studies at the bachelor's level.
Registration can be done continuously until the start of the course.
Link to the course plan (in swedish): https://kursplan.lnu.se/kursplaner/kursplan-4MT075.pdf