When applying for a library account/library card and accepting the conditions you commit yourself to following the Linnaeus University Library loan regulations.
- You are responsible for all loans made with your library account/library card.
- You are expected to keep yourself informed of any changes in the loan regulations and to make sure that your personal details in “My account” are correct.
- You collect reserved books yourself from the reserved items shelf.
- The loan period for course literature is 7 days with automatic renewals up to 16 weeks. If the book is reserved by another patron, the loan cannot be renewed.
- The loan period for general loans is 21 days with automatic renewals up to 52 weeks. If the book is reserved by another patron, the loan cannot be renewed.
- To allow for postal time, 7 extra days are added to loans and renewals made by distance students who live outside the municipalities of Växjö and Kalmar.
- The loan period for DVDs and VHS cassettes is 7 days for students and Linnaeus University staff members. The loan period cannot be extended. DVDs and VHS cassettes can not be borrowed by members of the public
- The loan period for CDs is 7 days, with automatic renewals up to 16 weeks.
- It is your own responsibility to monitor the status of your loans in “My account”, such as return dates, and that all loans are cleared when returned to the library.
Administration of personal data and lending information
- Personal data is stored in compliance with the General Data Protection regulation (GDPR).
- When you apply for a library account you also give your consent to your personal data being stored in the library’s register of account holders. Your data will not be used in any other context than library services. We need your personal data to know who has borrowed our resources and how we can contact our account holders.
- The library stores your personal data only as long as you have an account with us. When you close your account this information is deleted. If you are no longer an active user and want to ensure that no personal data about you is stored in the library’s systems, you can ask us to delete your information. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
- The books and other media that you borrow or reserve with your library account are registered in the library’s administrative system. This information is subject to secrecy legislation according to Swedish law, SFS (2009:400) kap 40 § 3, and this means that no unauthorised person can see who has borrowed or ordered library resources. This information is automatically deleted from your library account as soon as a resource is returned, or any fines are paid.
- You always have the right to ask what personal information about you is stored by showing valid identification.
- Overdue fines apply to all loans. The fine is SEK 5 per item and day. Log in to My account to see if you are in debt to the library.
- If you are in debt to the library, your library account may be blocked.
- If you do not return your loans, eventually an invoice will be sent to you, covering replacement costs, overdue fines and an administrative fee of SEK 200. The administrative fee must always be paid, even if the material is returned to the library.
- You are responsible for paying the correct amount according to the specifications on the invoice. Incorrect payments below the sum of SEK 200 are not refunded.
- Unpaid debts are turned over to the Swedish Debt Enforcement Service.
- Replacement fee for book: SEK 400
- Replacement fee for CD and VHS: SEK 200
- Replacement fee for DVD: SEK 600
- If the replacement value is significantly higher or lower than the standard amount, the University Library reserves the right to charge the actual cost.
Debts can be paid at the library information desk. Please observe that we only accept card payments. Payment can also be made to Linnaeus University's bank account (bankgiro) in Danske Bank. The account number is 454-4383. Please provide the following information on the payment form: the name and Swedish personal identity number of the person the payment concerns, what the payment is for, and the reference code 1500. Please observe that it can take about a week before the payment is registered and the debt is removed from your account. The maximum amount that is possible to be paid on site is 300 SEK.
Note that invoices cannot be paid at the information desk. Please follow the payment instructions on the invoice.
If you have questions about overdue fines, claims, preliminary invoices or invoices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org