When applying for a library account/library card and accepting the conditions you commit yourself to following the Linnaeus University Library loan regulations.
- You are responsible for all loans made with your library account/library card.
- You are expected to keep yourself informed of any changes in the loan regulations and to make sure that your personal details in “My account” are correct.
- You collect reserved books yourself from the reserved items shelf.
- Information about an individual’s loans, reservations and requests is never disclosed. This information is protected by Secrecy Law as stated in chapter 40, paragraph 3 (SFS 2009:400).
- Personal data is treated in accordance with the Personal Data Act (SFS 1998:204).
- The loan period for course literature is 7 days with automatic renewals up to 16 weeks. If the book is reserved by another patron, the loan cannot be renewed.
- The loan period for general loans is 21 days with automatic renewals up to 52 weeks. If the book is reserved by another patron, the loan cannot be renewed.
- To allow for postal time, 7 extra days are added to loans and renewals made by distance students who live outside the municipalities of Växjö and Kalmar.
- The loan period for DVDs and VHS cassettes is 7 days for students and Linnaeus University staff members. The loan period cannot be extended. DVDs and VHS cassettes can not be borrowed by members of the public
- The loan period for CDs is 7 days, with automatic renewals up to 16 weeks.
- It is your own responsibility to monitor the status of your loans in “My account”, such as return dates, and that all loans are cleared when returned to the library.
- Overdue fines apply to all loans. The fine is SEK 5 per item and day.
- If you are in debt to the library, your library account may be blocked.
- If you do not return your loans, eventually an invoice will be sent to you, covering replacement costs, overdue fines and an administrative fee.
• Replacement fees
- Replacement fee for book: SEK 400
- Replacement fee for CD and VHS: SEK 200
- Replacement fee for DVD: SEK 600
If the replacement value is significantly higher or lower than the standard amount, the University Library reserves the right to charge the actual cost.
When an invoice is submitted, an administration fee of SEK 200 is added. This fee must be paid even if the material is returned.
You are responsible for paying the correct amount according to the specifications on the invoice. Incorrect payments below the sum of SEK 200 are not refunded.
Unpaid debts are turned over to the Swedish Debt Enforcement Service.
The University Library only accepts card payments.
Payment can also be made to Linnaeus University’s bank account (bankgiro) in Danske Bank. The account number is 454-4383. Please provide the following information on the payment form: the name and Swedish personal identity number of the person the payment concerns, what the payment is for, and the reference code 1500.
If you have questions about overdue fines, claims, preliminary invoices or invoices, please contact email@example.com