- Groups have priority over individual students. Individual students are referred to the open reading areas and the quiet reading rooms.
- Group rooms can be booked up to 7 days in advance and for a maximum of 6 hours during the immediate one week period.
- Please cancel your booking if you do not intend to use it.
- If a room is vacant 15 minutes after booked time the room becomes available for other groups.
The easiest way to book is by using the graphic booking function in TimeEdit. (Scroll down for detailed instructions.)
Check the map of the University Library in Kalmar to see where the different types of work places are situated. The names of the bookable group study rooms start with UB and end with a K (UB231K).
You can even book a work place in "Röda rummet" on level 2. Some of these are equipped with a TV monitor and a whiteboard. In TimeEdit you can see how the work places are equipped. They are marked as work places to separate them from our group rooms.
Bookable group study rooms are on floor 0 and 3.
Classrooms / Lecture rooms
If you are taking a course in information retrieval at the University Library, the teaching will often take place in the library classrooms or lecture rooms.
The classrooms are situated on the upper floor. The map shows the location of rooms UB297 and UB298B.
The teaching room UB3009 is situated on level 3 and Alexandria on level 0.
How to book a group study room
- Choose between “Anställda” (for Linnaeus University staff members) and “Studenter” (for Linnaeus University students).
- Click “Klicka här för att logga in” and use your LNU account to log in.
- Choose ”Grafisk lokalbokning”.
- Choose which date and what time you want the room (optional). Tick the box ”Show only free resources” if you want to narrow your search to available rooms.
- Search room. If you fill in “UB” in the search form, all bookable rooms at the libraries in Växjö and Kalmar will be listed. OR choose building. The library in Kalmar is called “Biblioteket (UB), Kalmar” and the library in Växjö is called “Biblioteket (UB), Växjö”. You may choose more than one.
- Choose a room from the list. “Grupprum” means group study room and “Studieplats” is a student work place. “Platser” is how many people the room is meant for.
- A calendar appears. Mark out the time when you want the room.
- A form appears. You have to fill in the purpose of your booking.
- Click “Reserve” and your booking is complete.