Library study zones
The library is divided into three study zones and a zone for taking breaks. The study zones are organized to accommodate the unique needs of our users. Here is a description of each zone:
- Silent zone (blue)- is designed for silent individual study. No talking or noise in this area.
- Quiet Zone (green)- is designed for quiet conversation and collaboration.
- Social Zone (red)- is designed for group work and collaboration. Interaction and meetings can take place here.
Need a break from your studies? Try the pause zone (orange) where you can take a break and relax from your studies.
When you take a lunch break you may hold your workspace for up to one hour using the library parking discs.
Library parking discs
- You may hold your spot for up to one hour. After one hour the workspace becomes available to others.
- The library is not responsible for any personal belongings.
- Please return the parking disc where you picked it up.
In Växjö student kitchenettes are situated in houses B, F, J, K, M and N. Here you can warm up and eat your own food, as well as find refrigerators for food storage.
Do you need somewhere to store your belongings when you take a break? The library has storage lockers available for use during our regular opening hours.
Växjö: The lockers are in the basement. The keys are in the locks and you deposit SEK 10 to use a locker.
Group rooms and student workspaces
On account of the coronavirus you can only book a group room at the Library during the University Library opening hours, and please observe that only half of the seats are allowed in each group room.
A large number of student workspaces are situated throughout the library. For instance, there are individual workspaces, some of which are equipped with computers, silent study areas and group rooms. Some of the group rooms and workspaces are bookable.
Book a group room
- The group rooms are intended for group work.
- Group rooms can be booked up to 7 days in advance and for a maximum of 6 hours during the immediate one week period.
- Please cancel your booking if you do not intend to use it.
The easiest way to book is by using the graphic booking function. Scroll down for detailed instructions.
How to book a group room
- Choose between "Anställda" (for Linnaeus University staff members) and "Studenter" (for Linnaeus University students).
- Click "Klicka här för att logga in" and use your LNU account to log in.
- Choose "Grafisk lokalbokning".
- Choose which date and what time you want the room (optional). Tick the box "Show only free resources" if you want to narrow your search to available rooms.
- Search room. If you fill in "UB" in the search form, all bookable rooms at the libraries in Växjö and Kalmar will be listed. OR choose building. The library in Kalmar is called "Biblioteket (UB), Kalmar" and the library in Växjö is called "Biblioteket (UB), Växjö". You may choose more than one.
- Choose a room from the list. "Grupprum" means group room and "Studieplats" is an individual workspace. "Platser" is how many people the room is meant for.
- A calendar appears. Mark out the time when you want the room.
- A form appears. You have to fill in the purpose of your booking.
- Click "Reserve" and your booking is complete.
Library teaching sessions usually take place in the library classrooms.
The classrooms are situated on the upper floor. The map shows the locations of rooms UB297 and UB298B.
The teaching room UB3009 is situated on the third floor and Alexandria is in the basement.
Use of computers
Please use the University Library computers in accordance with Linnaeus University regulations on the usage of computers, networks and system resources and SUNET's acceptable use policy and code of ethics.
A pleasant study environment
The comfort of the library is our mutual responsibility. Please leave your workspace the way you would like to find it yourself.
Individuals who severely disturb library activities, for example by behaving in an insulting, discriminating or otherwise offensive manner, may be expelled from the library immediately.