The University Library offers various types of student workspaces and activity zones to help you find the right study environment.
Library study zones
The University Library offers a flexible study environment with several areas to study and different activity zones to help you find the study environment that is right for you. The activity zones are planned and furnished to suit different types of studies:
- Blue Zone: is designed for silent individual study. No talking or noise in this area.
- Green Zone: is designed for quiet conversation and collaboration in groups.
- Red Zone: is designed for group work and collaboration. Interaction and meetings can take place here.
- Blue Zone:
Silent Room: is designed for silent individual study. No talking or noise in this area.
Calm room: is designed for quiet conversation alone or in groups with limited talking.
- Green Zone: is designed for individual or group studies with low to normal conversational tones allowed.
When you take a lunch break you may hold your workspace for up to one hour using the library parking discs.
Library parking discs
- You may hold your spot for up to one hour. After one hour the workspace becomes available to others.
- The library is not responsible for any personal belongings.
- Please return the parking disc where you picked it up.
In Växjö student kitchenettes are situated in houses B, F, J, K, M and N. Here you can warm up and eat your own food, as well as find refrigerators for food storage.
Do you need somewhere to store your belongings when you take a break? The library has storage lockers available for use during our regular opening hours.
MAP (lockers Kalmar)
Group rooms and student workspaces
A large number of student workspaces are situated throughout the library. For instance, there are individual workspaces, some of which are equipped with computers, silent study areas and group rooms. Some of the group rooms and workspaces are bookable.
Book a group room
- The group rooms are intended for group work.
- Group rooms can be booked up to 7 days in advance and for a maximum of 6 hours during the immediate one week period.
- Please cancel your booking if you do not intend to use it.
The easiest way to book is by using the graphic booking function. Scroll down for detailed instructions.
TV Monitors for group work
Some of our group rooms have TV monitors so you can connect your computer to show something to your classmates. They are easy to connect and free to use. You can find a short video on how to use these below:
How to book a group room
- Choose between "Anställda" (for Linnaeus University staff members) and "Studenter" (for Linnaeus University students).
- Click "Klicka här för att logga in" and use your LNU account to log in.
- Choose "Grafisk lokalbokning".
- Choose which date and what time you want the room (optional). Tick the box "Show only free resources" if you want to narrow your search to available rooms.
- Search room. If you fill in "UB" in the search form, all bookable rooms at the libraries in Växjö and Kalmar will be listed. OR choose building. The library in Kalmar is called "Biblioteket (UB), Kalmar" and the library in Växjö is called "Biblioteket (UB), Växjö". You may choose more than one.
- Choose a room from the list. "Grupprum" means group room and "Studieplats" is an individual workspace. "Platser" is how many people the room is meant for.
- A calendar appears. Mark out the time when you want the room.
- A form appears. You have to fill in the purpose of your booking.
- Click "Reserve" and your booking is complete.
Use of computers
Please use the University Library computers in accordance with Linnaeus University regulations on the usage of computers, networks and system resources and SUNET's acceptable use policy and code of ethics.
A pleasant study environment
The comfort of the library is our mutual responsibility. Please leave your workspace the way you would like to find it yourself.
Individuals who severely disturb library activities, for example by behaving in an insulting, discriminating or otherwise offensive manner, may be expelled from the library immediately.