Doctoral Dissertations and Licentiate Theses
Linnaeus University Dissertations & Lnu Licentiate
Dissertations and theses presented at Linnaeus University are normally published in the respective series. The author supplies Lnu Press with the body matter, ready for print. See the respective checklist for printing below for practical information.
Dissertations and theses in the series follow a predefined graphical form, both cover and body matter. Lnu Press is responsible for the templates and their support.
Printing is paid by the institution. Approximate price for a dissertation (200 pages, 100 copies) is about 8000 SEK, excluding VAT and shipping. For theses it is 60 öre per page (color pages 2,15 SEK each) and 25 SEK per cover.
The department determines the size of the edition. 15 copies of the dissertations and five copies of the theses are taken care of and distributed by Lnu Press.
Dissertations and theses are to be registered in DiVA. This is done by the author. For more information about registering in DiVA, see DiVA - Publish and Register.
Anthologies and Monographs
Lnu Press also produces single volumes that do not belong to any series. For example
- Festschrifts and Commemoratives
- Monographs, Peer Reviewed through Kriterium
The editor/author must be employed at Linnaeus University and the publication must be produced as a part of the author's/editor's employment. The editor/author provides Lnu Press with a body matter, ready for print. The text must have been checked for plagiarism through Urkund before submitting to Lnu Press.
Both publishing in print and electronic publishing is possible, for example through Issuu. Publishing/registering should also be done in DiVA. This is done by the editor/author. For more information, see the page DiVA - Publish and Register.
Printing is paid by the author or their department. Lnu Press presents a cost estimate done in consultation with the printing company.
The size of a printed edition is determined on a case-by-case basis. 20 copies are sent to Lnu Press for distribution, in the same way as for the dissertations.
Journals and Conference volumes
Lnu Press also offer publication of journals in LnuOpen, as well as conference volumes, both in print and in LnuOpen. Conference volumes include for example Proceedings and Book of Abstracts.
Do you want to start a journal or publish a conference volume? As a researcher at Linnaeus University you can, free of charge, publish and administer journals and conference volumes in LnuOpen. The publications are freely available and searchable in for example, Google. LnuOpen is based on the open source application Open Journal Systems – OJS.
Interested? Contact Lnu Press to get started!
Publishing outside Linnaeus University Press
Advice and guidelines for publications produced at Linnaeus University but published outside Linnaeus University Press:
- You can publish the publication as a book, report, working paper or similar in printed and/or digital form with Linnaeus University, the current department and / or faculty as publisher.
- The author/editor is responsible for producing body and cover ready for print. No special template is needed, but follow Linnaeus University's guidelines in the design manual.
- Contact Linnaeus University Press for an ISBN-number. If the publication is to be published in both printed and digital form, two ISBN-numbers are required.
- For printing contact Copycenter. The printing cost is paid by the author's department or faculty.
- Register and publish the full text in DiVA under the relevant publication type (book, report or other).
- Publications with many pictures and more advanced layouts can also be published on Issuu.com. Contact the Communication office.
In order to publish with Linnaeus University as publisher, the editor / author must be employed at Linnaeus University and that the publication must produced as part of the author’s/editor's employment.