Salary and allowances

Here you will find information about salary and allowances in connection with business travel, medical benefits, preparedness and other expense reimbursements. If you have any questions that you cannot find answers to here, please contact your HR partner.

Intermittent employment with hourly rate or compensation for an assignment

Intermittent employment with hourly remuneration is a form of compensation for a short, temporary employment with a limited scope when monthly salary is not relevant. You report your hours on the form Basis for compensation to intermittent employees. The form must always be preceded by an Intermittent Employment Agreement. You submit the form and the agreement to your client at the department or division. There are guidelines and a local agreement for hourly rates. 

Contractors such as experts, opponents and student representatives in various bodies must use the form Basis for compensation to contractors. You hand over the form to your client at the department or division.

Read more about intermittent employment and contractors 

Related Links

Salary during sick leave

As an employee, you are entitled to salary during sick leave in accordance with the provisions of the Terms and Conditions Agreement chapter 7 and the Act (1991: 1047) on sick pay (SjlL).

From the eighth day you need to prove your illness with a medical certificate or dental certificate.
You submit the certificate to your HR partner at the HR department. The Swedish Social Insurance Agency also needs your medical certificate and it is you as an employee who is responsible for sending it there. If no medical certificate is submitted from the eighth day, the employer is not obliged to pay sick pay.  

Sick pay (days 1-14) 
For each day that you would have worked but are absent from work due to illness, working day-calculated sick pay is paid in proportion to the extent of sick leave:

- for day 1 (waiting period) 0 percent in sick pay

- day 2 - 14.80 percent in sick pay

From day 15 , you as an employee will receive sickness benefit from the Swedish Social Insurance Agency and a sickness benefit supplement from the employer. The sickness benefit supplement from the employer is paid automatically in proportion to the extent of the absence and requires that the employee is granted sickness benefit from the social insurance fund.

The employer is responsible for reporting to the Swedish Social Insurance Agency from day 15, after which you as an employee can apply for sickness benefit from the Swedish Social Insurance Agency.

For more information about sickness benefit and how to apply for sickness benefit, see the Swedish Social Insurance Agency's website.

Related Links

Payroll bank

Linnaeus University has Danske Bank as a payroll paying bank. Read the instructions below to register your details correctly.

In order for you to receive your salary to the account you want, you need to complete a registration. To register in Danske Bank go to their payroll services page:

The easiest way to register is with the help of a BankID. If you currently do not have a BankID, you can easily apply for it through your bank. See link below with instructions on how to register your account details in Danske Bank.

For those who cannot use BankID, registration of your account information can be done using a form. You request the form by emailing

If you do not enter your account details in any of the above ways, your salary will be paid via a payment card sent home to your address. You can redeem the payout card at a bank or agent. Redemption may be subject to a fee.

The registration of the account details does not mean that you become a customer of Danske Bank. If you are currently a customer of Danske Bank, you still need to register your account information.

Technical Support

For technical support regarding the payroll service, call Danske Bank on 0752-481850. Danske Bank can be reached Monday – Thursday 08:30-17.00, Friday 08.30-16.45. 


For other questions about account registration, please contact


The salary is paid on the 25th of each month. If this is a Saturday, the salary is paid on the immediately preceding working day, if it is a Sunday, the payment is made on the following working day. The payment is made via Danske Bank, see more information under Paying bank.

Pay slip

Current and older pay slips can be found in Primula.


Salary exchange

As an employee at Linnaeus University, you have the opportunity to exchange wages. Switching wages to retirement means saving for extra pension in a simple, individual and affordable way. When you change your salary, a deduction is made on your gross salary. There is an upper and a lower limit on the size of the amount. The offer is advantageous because the deduction lowers your gross salary, which means that the tax is reduced. The employer's contribution is also reduced.

For more information, see below.


As a new employee, you must submit a tax certificate to your HR partner. You can order the tax certificate from the Swedish Tax Agency's website. Any adjustment must be submitted as soon as possible to your HR partner. You add requests for extra voluntary tax yourself in Primula.

Related link:

Internationally recruited workers

Salary policy

Good salary formation is business-related and can thus contribute to success in Linnaeus University's supply of skills - a prerequisite for the university's operations to be successful in the short and long term.

Each employee should know how salary is determined, what can be done to contribute to achieving the business's goals and thus how the salary can be affected. The basis for salary setting therefore needs to be communicated. The salary-setting manager is responsible for creating the conditions for a recurring dialogue about performance in relation to the business.