Course evaluations at the Faculty of Social Sciences
Routines for course evaluations
As from November 2014, all course evaluations for courses with a course syllabus are done in the system Survey & Report.
Every course evaluation must consist of four mandatory questions decided by the vice-chancellor. The Faculty of Social Sciences have a decided question template, the departments can also choose to add questions or produce a question template specific for the department.
Students do not have access to the tool, instead they are recommended to use other tools on the Web, such as Google Forms. Please note that LNU provides no support for outside tools.
The University Library provides technical support and is the business manager responsible for Survey & Report.
Automating course evalutations
During the autumn 2016 and early spring 2017 the Faculty of Social Sciences has been part of the pilot-testing of the new automation interface of Survey & Report. The result has been successful, so we have decided to apply this to all our departments, starting late spring 2017.
Course evaluations timeline
- Your survey is created in Survey & Report a couple of weeks before the end of the course. It contains a set of questions from the university and a set of questions from the department.
- Own questions (voluntary) – When your course evaluation has been created, you will receive an email. Follow the instructions in the email if you would like to add any further questions. If you do not want to add any questions you do not have to do anything – the survey will be created automatically.
- The course evaluation opens for the student on Wednesday during the last week of the course and stays open for two weeks. The student gets a notification with a personal link on the studentwebb plus an e-mail. You will get a copy of the e-mail as a sign that everything is progressing correctly. Make sure to mention the course evaluation to the students to encourage them to answer the survey!
- Create an action plan and approve the report – When the course evaluation has been completed you will receive an email with the report. Follow the instructions provided in the email for writing your action plan directly in Survey & Report. When you approve the report it will be filed. Filing the report no longer requires any paperwork; the action plan is signed when you approve the report.
- Present the course evaluation report to the students.