This page describes how course evaluation at the Faculty of Technology works and what you, as course responsible teacher need to do.
The vice chancellor decided in March 2020 (LNU 2020/615) to cancel the decision (dnr 2014/291-1.2) on mandatory questions and course evaluations in the tool Survey & Report. Teachers can now choose to Remove the standard survey created in Survey&Report and use a different method of evaluation. GUN - The Faculty Education Board, will create a framework for course evaluations during autumn 2020. Until then, the guidelines below can be used.
Course evaluations timeline
- Your survey is created in Survey & Report, a couple of weeks before the end of the course. It contains a set of questions from the university and a set of questions from the department.
- Own questions (voluntary) – When your course evaluation has been created, you will receive an email. Follow the instructions in the email if you would like to add or remove questions. If you do not want to add any questions you do not have to do anything – the survey will be created automatically.
- The course evaluation opens for the student on Wednesday during the last week of the course and stays open for 4 weeks. The student gets a notification with a personal link on the studentwebb plus an e-mail. You will get a copy of the e-mail as a sign that everything is progressing correctly.
- Make sure to mention the course evaluation to the students to encourage them to answer the survey!
- Create an action plan and approve the report – When the course evaluation has been completed you will receive an email with the report. Follow the instructions provided in the email for writing your action plan directly in Survey & Report. When you approve the report it will be filed. Filing the report no longer requires any paperwork; the action plan is signed when you approve the report.
- Present the course evaluation report to the students.
Other reports and surveys
The use of question templates makes it possible to create report on university and department level. It is also possible to use the software Survey&Report in your research or forms.