- For Researchers
- 5. Publish, Utilize and Make Your Research Visible
5. Publish, Utilize and Make Your Research Visible
Read more about open access and costs, DiVA, innovation, Lnu Press, and research data management.
DiVA - Register and Publish
The University Library offers support with:
- Registering and importing
- Parallel publishing
- Database queries
DiVA is Linnaeus University's repository of publications and digital archive. All research-related publications by the university's researchers must be registered in DiVA, and a copy of the publication must be uploaded in PDF format. Data from DiVA is for example used to create publication lists on the staff pages of Lnu.se and as a basis for various evaluations.
Read more: DiVA – Publish and register
Publishing in an Open Science System
The University Library offers support and advice on:
- Funding for open access publishing via Linnaeus University's reserved assets
- Prepaid and discounted publishing fees (transformative agreements)
- Publishing and selection of journals
- Advice on author identifiers and affiliations
We are transitioning to an open science system, where open access publishing is the norm. According to the Swedish government, all research publications must be published open access by 2026. By using a well-thought-out publishing strategy, you can maximize the visibility of your publications and increase your chances of being cited.
Read more: Open access
Read more: Reserved assets, transformative agreements
Research Data – Manage, Preserve, Publish
Linnaeus University offers support with:
- Interpreting of guidelines, rights and restrictions for research data
- Writing of data management plan when starting a research project or when applying for research funding
- Questions regarding archiving of research data
- Depositing and/or making your research data available in DiVA or other service
Research data can be described as material used for scientific analysis. It can be text, images, audio recordings, samples, etc. Linnaeus University's Data Access Unit (DAU) provides advice and support on data management, i.e. how data is handled and organized during the research process.
Read more: Research data
Utilization and Innovation
Lnu Innovation is Linnaeus University's support for innovation and utilization. We support researchers, other employees and students to utilize their ideas and results, commercially or non-commercially. From us you will receive professional support in the early development of your idea. We also provide support in the development of new projects and collaborations in the form of workshops and meeting facilitation.
Read more: Lnu Innovation
Publish with Linnaeus University Press
Lnu Press offers:
- Publication of theses and licentiate theses
- Publication of anthologies and monographs
- Publication of journals and conference volumes via LnuOpen
If you are employed at Linnaeus University, you have the opportunity to publish on the university's publishing house, Linnaeus University Press. Lnu Press publishes theses and licentiate theses, but also conference volumes, festschrifts and commemoratives, anthologies and monographs. Lnu Press also offers publication of journals in LnuOpen, as well as conference volumes, both in printed format and digitally in LnuOpen. The editors at Lnu Press will assist you with advice if you have any questions relating to publishing, book production, or Open Access.
Read more: Publish with Lnu Press
Bibliometrics – Statistics, Publication patterns, Impact
The University Library offers:
- Information and guidance on bibliometrics and altmetrics
- Delivery of publication statistics and carrying out bibliometric analyses
Bibliometrics is various quantitative methods used to analyze research publications and citations. Areas be be studied are for example cooperation patterns, scholarly impact and productivity. Bibliometrics is often used in research evaluation, but can also be used by the researcher as a tool during the research process.
Read more: Bibliometrics
Disseminate and make your research visible
Communicating research outside the scholarly community is an important part of the University's mission. This can be done by, for example, writing a news story about your research results or sending out a press release, but also in other ways.
Disseminate knowledge about your research and use the opportunities to make new contacts with interesting actors. Some examples; Linnaeus University Live, researcher lunches and other events. You are welcome to contact the Office of External Relations for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org.