Electrical Engineering Linné
The network Elektroteknik Linné [Electrical Engineering Linné] is a network for universities, companies and organisations with an interest in electrical engineering areas like power engineering, power electronics, and built-in systems. The geographic area of the network is southeastern Sweden.
The network was established at a meeting on April 28, 2015.
The purpose of the network
- To work for increased collaboration between university, industry and students in the region.
- To work to increase the status of electrical engineering and programmes in electrical engineering in the region in order to make sure that these programmes are available also in the future.
The network's activities
- Arrange study visits, joint seminars and conferences in order to spread knowledge and to establish contacts between its members.
- Create a portal for degree projects, summer jobs and project assignments that promote contact between students and the local industry.
- As part of the marketing of electrical engineering, establish a scholarship that rewards the best degree project within the field of electrical engineering at Linnaeus University.
- The network also arranges the conference Elkraft och elektroteknik [power electronics and power engineering].
Become a member
If your company is interested in becoming a member of the network, please contact the coordinator (see below) for more information. The service fee is SEK 1250/year, including VAT.
Alstom Power Sweden AB
Bevi Teknik & Service AB
Calmon Stegmotorteknik AB
EC Konsult AB
Solutions for Tomorrow AB
The network has a steering group consisting of people from the participating companies. The steering group also includes the coordinator at Linnaeus University.
The following people are part of the steering group:
Jan-Olof Lundström, Solutions for Tomorrow
Per Ranstad, Alstom
Åke Nyström, Bevi
Magnus Larsson, Calmon
Ellie Cijvat, Linnaeus University, coordinator
Research in electrical engineering
Electrical engineering is a collective concept that comprises basically all the technology, theory and methodology that in one way or another deal with the electromagnetic phenomenon. Included in this is, for instance, wave propagation and radio communication, electronics, electrical power and electrical machines, acoustics, signal processing and control engineering. Our research is mainly theoretical with focus on electromagnetic field theory, control theory, systems theory and optimisation, most often with an industrial application.
We regularly take part in a number of national and international research projects and programmes and offer first- and second-cycle education (bachelor and master) in electrical engineering and third-cycle education (licentiate and doctor) in physics and mathematics.
Completed research projects
News within electrical engineering
- Students from Linnaeus University visit local energy companies News
- Researcher in physics "Editors' suggestion" in one of the largest physics journals in the world News
- New research may provide better electronic components in the future News
- Alexanders' dissertation increases understanding of how electrons behave at the nano level News
- World-famous physicist attends quantum conference News
- 1,242 water cisterns will examine radiation from space News
Staff within electrical engineering
- Alexander Gustafsson Lecturer
- Anders Ingwald Senior Lecturer
- Anna Alexandersson Lecturer
- Arvid Pohl Senior Lecturer
- Barbro Tyrberg Lecturer
- Björn Citrohn Lecturer
- Björn Nelson Senior Lecturer
- Börje Nilsson Professor
- Carlo Canali Professor, Subject Representative
- Cecilia Holmqvist Postdoctoral research fellow
- Conny Sjögren Senior Lecturer
- Davood Khodadad
- Eva Traore Dahlberg Lecturer
- Gerd Ouchterlony Lecturer
- Hans Veenhuizen Senior Lecturer, Deputy Head of Department
- Janusz Sadowski Guest Professor
- Joachim Toft Professor
- Johan Boström Lecturer
- Johan Jönsson Doctoral student
- John Richard Ennals Professor visiting
- Lennart Bohman Lecturer
- Magnus Nilsson Senior lecturer
- Magnus Paulsson Associate Professor
- Magnus Perninge Associate Professor
- Maria Svensson Visiting senior lecturer
- Mariana Dalarsson Associate senior lecturer
- Md Fhokrul Islam Researcher
- Michael David Punch
- Mohanraj Senniappan Doctoral student
- Nezhat Pournaghavi Doctoral student
- Niclas Åhman Lecturer
- Pieter Kuiper Associate Professor
- Pieternella Cijvat Senior Lecturer, Head of Department
- Satyendra Thoudam
- Staffan Carius Professor, Dean
- Sven Nordebo Professor
- Sven-Erik Sandström Associate Professor
- Tomas Bylund Doctoral student
- Viktoria Grahn Johansson Lecturer
- Yevhen Ivanenko Doctoral student
- Yvonne Becherini Associate Professor