The universities that are part of EUniWell are:
- Inalco (Institut national des langues et civilisations orientales) in Paris, France
- Linnaeus University in Kalmar and Växjö, Sweden
- Nantes University, France
- Semmelweis University in Budapest, Hungary
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
- University of Birmingham, Great Britain
- University of Cologne, Germany
- University of Florence, Italy
- University of Konstanz, Germany
- University of Murcia, Spain
- University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
In addition, there is a network consisting of associated partners, including the municipalities of the cities in question, and a number of academic institutions and organisations within education, culture and health, as well as companies, that support EUniWell’s vision.
The higher education institutions are linked together through a common vision in which EUniWell will improve, measure, and rebalance the well-being of individuals, our own community, our environment and society as a whole on a regional, European and global level, based on our joint values där vi är democratic, inclusive, diverse, research and challenge-based, inter- and transdisciplinary, entrepreneurial and co-creational.
EUniWell’s focus areas are linked to the UN’s sustainable development goals (SDG):
- Well-being and health (SDG3 Good health and well-being)
- Individual and social well-being (SDG16 Peaceful and inclusive societies)
- Environment, urbanity and well-being (SDG11 Sustainable cities and societies)
- Teacher education (SDG4 Good education for all)
As well as two transversal SDGs to reinforce all focus areas:
- Gender equality (SDG5 Equality)
- Reduced inequalities (SDG10 Reduced inequalities)
Here you will find more information about EUniWell:
- The website EUniWell.eu
- Fact sheet with information about EUniWell for students
- Join the group EUniWell on the intranet Staff
More information about our partner universities
- Inalco University, Paris, France, is a research university specialising in language-based area studies. Inalco has developed a unique expertise in contemporary languages and societies and a capacity for in-depth analysis based on field research, while continuing to adapt to a changing world in all its diversity and complexity.
- Nantes University, France, is a comprehensive and multi-disciplinary university with 20 faculties in technology, humanities and sciences. It has a strong focus on excellence in teaching and research and two fields of priority in health and industry of the future. The University of Nantes is ranked amongst the top 200 universities that contribute the most actively to sustainable development objectives addressed by the United Nations (THE university impact rankings) and amongst the top 100 Reuters ranking for Europe most innovative universities.
- Semmelweis University in Budapaest, Hungary, is a leading biomedical institution of higher education in Hungary and Central Europe. Education, research & innovation, and healthcare comprise the University’s three-pillar mission. Semmelweis University is the largest healthcare provider in Hungary and a regional centre of excellence in research and innovation in the field of life sciences.
- Taras Shevchenko National University in Kiev, Ukraine, is Ukraine's largest national institution of higher education and recognised as one of the country's most prestigious. For almost two centuries, the university has combined quality education and modern science, tradition and innovation.
- University of Birmingham, Great Britain, is ranked amongst the world’s top 100 institutions and is a member of the UK’s Russell Group of research-intensive universities. Its work brings people from across the world to Birmingham: leading researchers and teachers and more than 8,500 international students from over 150 countries.
- University of Cologne, Germany, is one of the top comprehensive research universities in Germany and a member of the GermanU15 group. Cologne’s students come from 180 countries. Its 6 Faculties and 16 cross-faculty research and teaching centres ensure the high reputation of Cologne’s graduates for both research and the wider market. Among Cologne’s many internationally renowned research units are four Clusters of Excellence on Aging-associated Diseases, Public Policy and Markets, Plant Sciences and Matter and Light for Quantum Computing funded within the German Excellence Strategy.
- University of Florence, Italy, is one of the most important Italian public comprehensive universities with a strong international vocation and a large number of “departments of excellence”. It is a top destination in Europe for Erasmus and has a particularly high number of enrolled international students. Unifi has over 400 cooperation agreements with universities and research centres in 89 different countries and a unique cooperation with the study abroad programme of Stanford, NYU, Syracuse and many of the other 43 US programmes in Florence.
- University of Konstanz, Germany, is a university with innovation and cooperation at its centre, located in the triangle between Austria, Switzerland and Germany. It is one of eleven universities of excellence in Germany and stands for top-level research, excellence in teaching and learning, and a strong international orientation in all areas of the university.
- University of Murcia, Spain, is a comprehensive university with over 32,000 students across 21 faculties and is internationally recognised for its disability services and social inclusion. The university is deeply committed to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and has been ranked among the top 100 universities in the world in four individual goals (THE university impact rankings 2022), three of which are closely linked to EUniWell's key arenas.
- University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain, has over 25,000 students spread across two campuses in the two World Heritage sites of Santiago de Compostela and Lugo. It is a comprehensive university ranked among the world's top 500 universities (ARWU; 2022), as well as the best university in Spain in 2022 (Forbes) and in environmental sciences (Research.com).
News on EUniWell
- The European University EUniWell where Linnaeus University takes part receives continued funding from the European Commission News
- EUniWell welcomes Inalco News
- Ukrainian president Zelenskyj gave speech to Linnaeus University’s students and staff News
- Welcome to celebrate Europe Day with EUniWell on 9 May - today News