24-25 September, 2020 the department of Informatics at Linnaeus University is inviting the students to a conference on Information Technology.
The department of Informatics at Linnaeus University is inviting the students at the Linnaeus University to submit their works (thesis or any other essays) related to the use, design, security and applications (both industrial and social) of information technology. The students can prepare posters or PowerPoint presentations for the conference. This interdisciplinary conference welcomes all the students from business and economics, sociology, media technology, informatics, building engineering, computer science and all the other fields of science and technology for presenting their works that highlight the use, design, security and applications of information technology.
About the conference
The Linnaeus Conference on Information Technology is going to be held between September 24 and 25, 2020. The theme for the conference is The impact of information technology on society.
This interdisciplinary conference aims to bring together the current and graduated students of LNU who are doing or have done research related to information technology. The aim is to maintain an open and friendly discussion of their research which is supported by experienced researchers.
The conference will be held both online and on-site. It will be held totally online if the Covid-19 situation does not improve.
- Deadline for submission: August 27, 2020
- Date of Notification: September 10, 2020
- Date of submission of the revised version: September 17, 2020
- Final decision: September 22, 2020
The programme of the conference includes:
- Keynote presentation(s) by the invited speaker(s);
- Presentation sessions.
Submission and Terms of participation
- Eligibility: The conference is open to the current and graduated students of LNU at all levels of study (undergraduate and postgraduate). The submitted student works can be co-authored with other students and/or academic supervisor, provided that the students present their works. The presentation can be done physically or virtually.
- Submission: To participate, a student should submit a copy of their thesis or other kinds of student works in the original form to email@example.com. However, if any student or a group of students wants to publish their work in the conference proceedings, he/she/they should prepare a special paper (minimum 6 pages and maximum 10 pages). All such submissions should be done using the template (download) via Easychair submission system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lscit2020) by August 27, 2020. These special papers will be reviewed by the peers.
- Reviewing: The special papers submitted for publications will undergo a single-blind peer review (the reviewers’ names will not be disclosed to the authors) by two to three peers. Each author is supposed to review at least one paper of another author.
- Notification: The notification of acceptance or rejection of the special papers is sent by September 10, 2020. The authors who are supposed to revise their papers should submit the revised version by September 17, 2020.
- Presentations: All authors are expected to present their works during the sessions on September 24 and 25, 2020.
Publication of the best papers
Based on the results of reviews and evaluation of the presentation, the special committee along with volume editors select the best papers (no more than 35 percent of accepted papers), to be published in the post-conference Proceedings by the LNU press. Camera-ready papers should follow all technical requirements, be 6 to 10 pages long.
For the undergraduate and postgraduate students of LNU, the participation is free. This participation option includes a coffee-break and a reception during the presentation sessions. No conference materials, lunches and social events are covered.