Information about the Corona virus and covid-19
Checklist for emergencies or accidents
Get a quick overview
What has happened?
How many are affected?
Is anyone injured?
Is it possible to give first aid?
Is anyone still in danger?
Call the emergency number 112 to summon
- rescue services
In case of major accidents or events contact the crisis management
During office hours
Through the university switchboard, 0772-28 80 00
After office hours
Securitas in Kalmar, 010-470 52 59
Securitas in Växjö, 010-470 52 49
Fire safety and evacuation
In case of fire or other danger:
- SAVE: Those in obvious danger.
- ALERT: 1. Via the fire alarm button 2. Via phone, dial 112.
- WARN: Others threatened by the fire.
- EVACUATE: Via the nearest emergency route and head for the assembly site. Stay at the assembly site until other orders are given.
Alarm address: The address is stated on the fire evacuation plan in each building.
Implementation of evacuation
- Respect and take fire alarm seriously
- Evacuate calmly and quickly to the assembly site
- Choose the nearest emergency route. Lift must not be used during evacuation
- Do not look for outdoor clothing or other personal belongings
- In case room is filled with smoke, adopt a low position by either crawling or crouching down. Close door to fire
- Assist people with disabilities
Fire evacuation officer
Each building has a number of fire evacuation officers. These are appointed by the fire safety coordinators for the activities in each building. The fire evacuation officers' main task is to make sure that everyone who is in the building in case of a fire, gas alarm, or other danger evacuates so that no one gets hurt. All fire evacuation officers wear yellow safety vests during evacuation. In case you have interesting facts about a near-accident, the cause of a fire or other information, please inform the fire evacuation officer about this.
Teachers in class, invigilators, and those responsible for temporary visitors
Teachers who are in class and invigilators also have an important role to fill in case of evacuation. They are to take initiative and guide their group to the assembly site. This also goes for those who are responsible for any temporary visitors. This means that they as a precautionary measure should have oriented themselves about fire safety and the nearest emergency route from the facilities in question. Their role is of utmost importance in order to achieve a well-functioning evacuation. At the assembly site, any interesting facts are reported to the fire evacuation officers. When this is done, wait for instructions to reenter the building.
Evacuation plans and assembly site
Evacuation plans are to be specified at suitable places and to the extent required in all buildings where the university has activities. These plans describe how to act in case of a fire or other danger. They also indicate emergency routes, fire equipment, alarm devices, assembly sites and visiting address. Members of staff and students are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the evacuation plans in the buildings where they normally spend their time, as a precautionary measure.
In case of a fire alarm and evacuation, always go to the assembly site. Follow evacuation signs and choose the nearest possible route to the assembly site. The assembly sites at Linnaeus University are clearly indicated.
Automatic fire alarm
More or less all buildings in both Kalmar and Växjö are connected directly via an automatic fire alarm to SOS Alarm and the Emergency Services.
Two buildings in Kalmar and two in Växjö do not have an automatic fire alarm. These are Trångsundet and RTC in Kalmar and building G (Gulan) and building L in Växjö. However, there are evacuation alarms in all these buildings, except for building G, where there are local fire detectors only.
Defibrillators can be found on the following places within the university's facilities
- Culmen, Universitetsplatsen 3: The entrance
- Culmen floor 5, Universitetsplatsen 3: Outside the lifts
- Forma, Landgången 4: The entrance hall
- Magna floor 2, Landgången 4: The corridor, outside the lab Ma223
- Magna, Pedalstråket 7: The entrance hall
- Radix, Pedalstråket 11/Barlastgatan 5: The corridor between the entrances
- Stella, Universitetsplatsen 1: The entrance
- Trångsundet, Karlstorpsvägen 16: The entrance
- Vita, Norra Kajplan 6: The entrance
- House B: In the corridor (B1010)
- House E: By the elevator on the upper floor (E2047)
- House F: By the elevator on the upper floor
- House H: By the main entrance at Infocenter (H1111)
- House J: In the corridor (J1080)
- House N: In the corridor (N1004, outside the IKEA lecture hall)
- House UB: By the information desk (UB1032)
- House P: In the corridor (P102)