The number of applicants to Linnaeus University increases for the spring term 2018. The number of applicants who have applied to Linnaeus University as their first-choice alternative increases with 18 percent and the total number of applicants increases with 8.4 percent compared to the spring term 2017. At the national level, the total number of applicants to higher education decreases with 0.2 percent.
The number of applicants who have applied to Linnaeus University as their first-choice alternative increases with 21.5 percent. However, the number of applicants who have applied to a degree program at Linnaeus University as their first-choice alternative decreases with 23 percent.
"The increase for courses is probably a result of more programme students applying for their courses within the programme through the application system. As for programmes, quite few programmes start during the spring, and when a programe that was previously offered is no longer offered this will be evident in the application statistics", says Peter Citron.
The ten courses with highest number of applicants spring 2018
- Knowledge of financial securities – 2,580
- Psychology 1 – 2,424
- Project management 1 – 1,979
- Organizational theory, leadership and innovation – 1,796
- Social law – 1,609
- Food, nutrition and health – 1,572
- Business administration 1, organization and leadership – 1,543
- Business administration 1, marketing – 1,363
- Image and graphic design for the web – 1,233
- Strategic communication – 1,059
The five courses with the highest number of applicants spring 2018
- Nursing programme – 2,101
- Social work study programme – 1,522
- Design of music and sound programme – 385
- Foundation semester in mathematics and physics – 147
- Specialist nursing programme, elderly care – 37
Peter Citron, section manager, phone +46470-70 84 09
Annika Sand, senior press officer, phone +4676-830 01 05