The University Library is open all summer but with limited opening hours and services.
Opening hours and contact
- UB is open all summer- see opening hours here.
- UB's telephone hours - weekdays from 12-15, Tel. 0470-76 70 00
- UB's chat is closed June 13 - August 14.
Introduction to the library
On the webpage ‘Introduction to the University Library’, you can find information for new students and more about the library’s services.
Borrow, return, reserve and order
You can borrow, reserve, order and return books throughout the summer. Orders from the other campus may take slightly longer than usual. It may take a little longer to get answers to questions for students studying online.
Interlibrary loan inquiries and purchase requests can be submitted throughout the summer. Expect that it will take a little longer than during term time to get the requested material.
You can pay fees and ask questions regarding fees throughout the summer, but it can take a little longer than during term time to get answers to questions.
Booked appointments (search help, teaching, etc.)
- Booked appointments are closed July 1 - August 28.
- The booking form for teaching is open all summer but with an auto-reply from 1 July to 28 August. Notification of the request will come no later than the end of August.
The Academic Skills Centre
The ASC is closed June 17th – August 21st.
Reading Disability Support
Reading Disability support has limited service between June 20th –August 21st. These services are completely closed weeks 27 and 30.
Support for researchers
Support for researchers is provided throughout the summer, but it can take slightly longer than during the semester to get answers to questions