The department of informatics invites all students at Linnaeus University to submit research papers related to the aspects of use, design, security and applications (both industrial and social) of digital technologies. The theme of the conference is Digital transformation in the contemporary world.
About the conference
The Linnaeus Student Conference on Information Technology (LSCIT) will be held for the first time between 26 and 27 September 2019. The aim of the conference is to bring together current and graduated students of Linnaeus University, who are doing or have done research related to digital transformation in the contemporary world. The intent is to maintain an open and friendly discussion of their research, supported by experienced researchers.
All accepted papers will be presented and discussed. The best ones will be published in the proceedings of the conference as full papers.
- Download the submission template (Word docx format).
- To submit a paper, please create an account as an author on EasyChair, https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lscit2019.
- Please see below for deadline and other dates.
Deadline for submission
27 August 2019
Date of notification
10 September 2019
Date of submission of the revised version
17 September 2019
22 September 2019
For more information, please contact professor Anita Mirijamdotter.
The program of the conference includes:
- A keynote presentation by the invited speaker
- Presentation sessions
Terms of participation
- Eligibility: The conference is open to current and graduated students of Linnaeus University at all levels of study (undergraduate and postgraduate). The paper can be co-authored with other students and/or an academic supervisor, provided that the paper is presented by the students only. The presentation can be done physically or virtually.
- Paper submission: To participate, a student should submit a paper (written in English, minimum 6 pages and maximum 10 pages) by August 27, 2019. Papers will be submitted via the Easychair submission system.
- Reviewing: All submissions undergo a single-blind peer review (the reviewers’ names will not be disclosed to the authors) by two to three members. Each author is supposed to review at least one paper of another author.
- Notification: Notification of acceptance or rejection is sent by September 10, 2019. The authors who are supposed to revise their papers should submit the revised version by September 17, 2019.
- Presentations: Authors of accepted papers are expected to present them during presentation sessions on September 26 and 27, 2019.
Publication of the best papers
Based on the results of reviews and evaluation of the presentation, the special committee along with volume editors select the best papers (no more than 35 percent of accepted papers), to be published in the post-conference proceedings by Linnaeus University Press. Camera-ready papers should follow all technical requirements and be 6 to 10 pages long.
For undergraduate and postgraduate students of Linnaeus University, the participation is free. This participation option includes a coffee-break and a reception during the presentation sessions. No conference materials, lunches and social events are covered.