We are pleased to invite you to attend the second Conference Focused learning in mathematics (FLM2).
The purpose of the conference is to promote and push forward the relationship between research and practice to improve the quality of teaching and learning mathematics.
The conference provides an opportunity for research collaboration, mutual support and exchange of information and experiences between participants. It also provides opportunities for participants to discuss current and enduring issues related to teaching, learning and research in mathematics education.
For you who prefer to hold your presenation in Swedish it is fine. We will offer lectures in both English and Swedish.
You can submit your abstract until May 25, 2016 (600-1000 words), including research question, methodology and research findings.
Please send abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Constanta Olteanu, Linnaeus University
- Mona Holmqvist Olander, Malmö University
- Lucian Olteanu, Linnaeus University
- Anna Lövström, Mörbylånga kommun
- Helena Eriksson, Borlänge kommun
- Åsa Lyrberg, Gävle kommun
- Annette Hilton, Dr., Honorary Associate Professor, School of Education, The University of Queensland: Proportional reasoning: A key to success in mathematics and beyond
- Sasha Wang, Dr., Assistant Professor, Mathematics Education, Graduate Coordinator, M.S. in Mathematics Education, Boise State University: Communicational approach to discourse practices in mathematics classrooms
- Mona Holmqvist, Dr., Associate Professor in Education, Department of School Development and Leadership, Malmö University: Children's Mathematical understanding as a starting point for teaching
- Constanta Olteanu, Dr., Professor, Department of Mathematics Education, Linnaeus University: Experiencing transformation through classroom communication
The registration fee for the conference is 1000 SEK per person, VAT not included. The fee includes daily lunches and coffeebreaks.
Conference dinner is optional and will be held on Oct 27 at Restaurant Zorba. The cost for the dinner is 298 SEK per person.
To register and pay for the conference go to flm2.axaco.se.
Make your reservation early by calling the hotel. Payment is made directly to the hotel, preferably by credit card. All of the hotels are centrally located and the room rates include a daily breakfast. Booking code: FLM2.
Follow the link to get more information about the hotel.
Thursday, the 27th of October
8.00-10.15 Registration and coffee
10.15-10.30 Welcome and opening
11.00-12.00 Keynote lecture 1
13.00-14.30 Keynote lecture 2
14.30-15.00 Coffee break
15.00-16.00 Parallell sessions 1
16.00-17.00 Parallell sessions 2
Friday, the 28th of October
9.30-10.30 Keynote lecture 3
10.30-11.00 Coffee break
11.00-12.00 Parallell sessions 3
13.00-14.30 Keynote lecture 4
14.30-15.00 Coffee break
15.00-16.00 Parallell sessions 4