Project: CARE for DIGIPRENEURS
A Linnaeus University project for Ukrainian immigrants with support for start-ups, business innovation and entrepreneurs. The project is funded by ESF, European Social Found.
Other project members
Per Servais, Berit Lindh, Anna Gustavsson, Hans Allmer
ESF, European Social Found
Feb 2023 – Sep 2023
Informatics (Faculty of technology) and Marketing (School of Business and Economics)
More information from the ESF, European Social Found
https://www.esf.se/utlysningar/utlysning/?dnr=2022/00552 (in Swedish)
Join in for lectures, mentoring, coaching, business development, networking, company contacts and more.
The digi-preneur – business development with a digital focus
About the project
The CARE for digit-preneurs project will provide opportunities for a selected group of immigrants from Ukraine (UA) to develop their abilities for entrepreneurial action and in this way approach the Swedish working life.
The participants in the project must be given opportunities to utilize and develop their knowledge, and be given support to develop business ideas that are relevant to a Swedish business community. This with a particular focus on trade or other business activities between Ukraine and Sweden. Based on theories and methods from the field of international business and digital transformations, a training package will be developed and offered to a selected group of participants from Ukraine.
Apply for CARE for DIGIPRENEURS
If you have skills, experience or personal interests that you would like to develop into a start-up, please sign up for the project. Project language is English.
Apply to the project by filling out the form below. You will then take part in the selection process. Max 40 positions available. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
You can read about the "GDPR – Information sharing agreement" below, under the heading "More about the project".
More about the project
- What: Take part in business modelling, start-up coaching, lectures and presentations on Sweden-Ukraine business development, networking, pitching of start-ups.
- When: Starting now – to be concluded in September, 2023.
- Where: With video conference and on-site at campus Kalmar or Växjö.
- How: Combination of individual mentoring and group meetings, and a concluding
- For whom: Ukrainian persons included by the ”EU:s massflyktsdirektiv”.
- Linnaeus University is organising the project, but will involve a number of partners for the best experience.
- Project of the CARE initiative / CARE – Cohesion Action for Refugees in Europe
- ESF, European Social Found / Svenska ESF-Rådet
- Swedish ESF Council finances projects that work with skills development, employment measures and integration initiatives. The activities aim to reduce unemployment and exclusion, to strengthen Sweden’s long-term supply of skills and growth and to increase cohesion within the EU.
- Care 2 – interventions for women and men from Ukraine covered by the mass displacement directive, (Temporal protection).
- Women and men who are covered by the EU's mass migration directive can take part in efforts to strengthen their position on the labor market and transition to work or education, alternatively move closer to the labor market by gaining the conditions to seek work or education.
- Phase 1: February to April: Onboarding
– Call for participation, applications, initial coaching and a personal business case
- Phase 2: May- June: lecturing series,
– Facts, information, orientation, inspirations for business development
- Phase 3: June- September. Startup coaching,
– Developing the business case to a start up proposal.
- Phase 4: End of September: Business case presentations
– Pitching of business ventures, match making, networking, company contacts.
During May – June a set of 5 lectures and presentation evenings will be offered.
- The entrepreneur: skillset and mindset
- The digi-preneur – digital transformation and entrepreneurship and innovation
- Import and export business
- Starting Ukraine-Sweden businesses
- Finding the Gap: Areas of business opportunities and new business models
GDPR – Information sharing agreement
- ESF projects are monitored for outcome by SCB, Statistiska Central Byrån.
- We need to report in detail of the levels of activity of each participant.
- For these reasons we need a consent from each participant for handling personal information.
- An agreement letter will be sent by email, with a letter with details and clarifications.
- To agree, just return an answer by email, stating ”I agree to the information sharing conditions”, and state your NAME and SAMORDNINGSNUMMER.
GDPR – Agreement text
I understand that the Care for Digi-preneurs project will report my participation in the project and the reason for termination to Statistics Norway. I hereby also agree that my contact details (address, mobile number and e-mail) may be provided to Statistics Sweden, for their follow-up, in the form of online surveys, both during the project period and after I have finished my participation in the project. Your personal data is shared with the collaborating authorities and Statistics Sweden (SCB). We may also share your personal data with others, provided we are required to do so by law.
I have received information about how my personal data is processed by Care for Digi-preneurs. I am aware that my consent can be revoked whenever I wish.
- The international digi-preneurs – build business organizations that “seek to derive significant competitive advantages from the usage of digital resources in multiple countries”.
- A new business ventures that embrace digital possibilities from the very inception.
- The digi-preneurs work with digital capabilities to
– create value based on digital resources, possibilities, capabilities,
– build an organisation that employs digital solutions for the full scope of the business,
– can adapt to changes or opportunities and adjust the scale of the business, expand and contract the business, both as vertical and horizontal integration.
- All changes can be made at high velocity, based on digital flexibility, as speed is essential.
- "International new ventures" that is, business organizations that "from inception, seek to derive significant competitive advantages from ... the sale of outputs in multiple countries“
- Global technological competence, unique solution development/adaptation
- Technology to innovate in the creation and improvement of offerings and solutions
- Entering of new international markets with new or adapted solution.
- A posture that is innovative, visionary, and proactive may be necessary amongst a class of firms that, in the face of relatively limited resources, takes the initiative to pursue new opportunities in complex markets, typically with a different cultural setup
Digital Business Model
- Digital technologies are transforming the conditions under which and how firms create and deliver value-based transactions within local and foreign markets
- Digitalization is transforming processes wherein firms organize and deliver value creation