More about the project
The building sector accounts for over one third of the final energy consumption globally, being also an important source of CO2 emissions. This makes the industry the largest energy consuming sector.
Energy performance can be drastically improved through different measures. However, measures should be implemented in a coordinated and holistic way, taking into account all aspects involved in the achievement of the low-carbon economy, in order for them to go hand in hand with sustainable development strategies at the overall municipality/district.
The main outputs expected from the LC Districts project at the policy level are the following:
- LC Districts Method Guide
- Regional diagnosis reports of the strategies and policies for low carbon districts and municipalities of five EU regions
- LC Districts Good Practice Guide
- LC Districts Policy Road Map
- Regional Policy Briefs for five EU regions
- Regional Action Plans
The project is part of the research in the Forestry and Wood field of research.