Jeppe Skott, Hanna Palmér, Andreas Ebbelind, Danai Dafnopoulou
– Mathematics Education (Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Technology)
– Pedagogics and Educational Sciences (Department of Pedagogy, Faculty of Faculty of Social Sciences)
More about the project
The Makings of a Mathematics Teacher investigates the development of mathematics teachers' professional identities before and in the first few years after their graduation. In longitudinal, qualitative studies we seek to understand how teachers' engagement in their teacher education programmes or in social practices at and beyond their schools relate to changes in their professional tales of themselves and in their contributions to classroom practice.
Doing so we use a framework called Patterns of Participation (PoP). At one level of analysis PoP seeks to understand what role other practices and discourses (e.g. reform recommendations, collaboration with colleagues, theoretical parts of the teacher education programme) play for the teacher's contribution to the interaction in particular classroom episodes. At another level, we use the framework to look across individual episodes and point to trends and developments in the teachers' contributions to the practices that evolve in mathematics classrooms.
The project is part of the research in the Mathematics Education research group.
- Andreas Ebbelind Senior lecturer
- +46 470-70 87 44
- +46 72-594 15 05
- Danai Dafnopoulou Doctoral student
- +46 470-70 81 76
- Hanna Palmér Professor, deputy vice-chancellor for the teacher educations
- +46 470-70 86 41
- +46 72-594 14 51
- Jeppe Skott Professor, subject representative
- +46 470-70 87 24