Facts about the project
Professor Mark Dopson
Other project members
Tiina Leiviskä (University of Oulu), Jinmei Lu (UiT The Arctic Unviersity of Norway), Ingar Walder (Kjeøy Research & Education Center)
2017-09-01 to 2020-08-31
Microbiology, Biotechnology (Department of Biology of Environmental Science, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences)
More about the project
- Characterize vanadium wastes in the Nordic region (chemical, mineralogical, and microbial properties).
- Develop an innovative extraction methodology for vanadium from solid mineral waste with chemical and biological leaching.
- Develop vanadium recovery from liquid waste streams.
- Implement/modify the vanadium recovery system from pregnant leach solutions.
- Increase the competiveness of Nordic industries in the growing international market for clean technology.
The project is part of the research of the research group Systems Biology of Microorganisms and of Linnaeus University Centre for Ecology and Evolution in Microbial model Systems (EEMiS).