The aims of the network are twofold: to generate knowledge about children's emergent literacy skills and the emergent literacy development, and to strengthen the knowledge about emergent literacy in teacher education in the Nordic preschools and transitional years.
More specifically, the network will aim to:
- Generate knowledge about early literacy and skills development.
- Collaborate in research about early literacy within qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- Compare the early literacy perspective and system within the Nordic countries.
- Collaborate in developing of course content in teacher education about early literacy field and the transition from preschool to school.
- Encourage teachers and student teachers mobility within the Nordic network.
- Linnaeus University Sweden
- Sogn og Fjordane University College, Norway
- University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Aarhus University, Denmark
- Åbo Akademi University, Finland
The following researchers are members of the Nordic network for early literacy.
Maria Magnusson, Linnaeus University, Sweden
Hilde Hofslundsengen, Sogn og Fjordane University College, Norway
Ria Heilä-Ylikallio, Åbo Akademi University, Finland
Bente Hagtvet, University of Oslo
Elisabeth Mellgren, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Ann-Katrin Svensson, Åbo Akademi University, Finland
Sofia Jusslin, Åbo Akademi University, Finland
Camilla Forsberg, Linnaeus University, Sweden
The pilot project "The global Nordic classroom" is a collaboration for theses written within the preschool teacher programme . See the film from one of our seminar where students together with teachers at four different university discuss their essays.