E-learning specialist, business intelligence, project leader based at the University library. Distance/net-based learning, quality in e-learning, open educational resources (OER), MOOCs, social media in education, virtual mobility (global classroom).
Member of the Lnu Global Classroom project, promoting virtual mobility and internationalisation.
In June 2017 was awarded the title of EDEN Fellow (European Distance and E-learning Network) and elected to EDEN's NAP (Network of Academics and Professionals) Steering Committee.
Very active in social media, primarliy through two blogs on educational technology - a reflective blog in English, Corridor of Uncertainty, and a news blog in Swedish, Flexspan. Active on Twitter as @alacre.
Course leader on an open course for teachers, Open Networked Learning, in collaboration with colleagues from Lund University, Karolinska Institute, KTH and Varsity College, South Africa.
Also teaching assignments in teacher training programme and workshops in aspects of e-learning.
Involved in the ongoing Erasmus+ project MOONLITE (MOOCs for social inclusion & employability) and n EU South Baltic project FOCUS (Facilitating blue growth with open courses by utilizing R&D products and virtual mobility).
Member of an ISO standardisation committee (ISO 21001 Management Systems for Educational Organisations).
Swedish representative in the Nordic Council's NVL Distans network.
Member of the steering committee of the Swedish network for IT in higher education (ITHU)
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Creelman, A., Ehlers, U., Ossiannilsson, E. (2014). Perspectives on MOOC quality : An account of the EFQUEL MOOC Quality Project. INNOQUAL - International Journal for Innovation and Quality in Learning. 2. 78-87.
- Creelman, A., Reneland-Forsman, L. (2013). Completion Rates – A False Trail to Measuring Course Quality? : Let’s Call in the HEROEs Instead. European Journal of Open and Distance Learning. 16. 40-49.
- Ossiannilsson, E., Creelman, A. (2012). OER, Resources for learning – Experiences from an OER Project in Sweden. European Journal of Open and Distance Learning.
- Ossiannilsson, E., Creelman, A. (2012). From proprietary to personalized higher education : how OER takes universities outside the comfort zone : [ La formazione universitaria da proprietaria a personalizzata : come le OER potrebbero portare le Università fuori dalla loro comfort zone ]. Je-LKS : Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society. 8. 9-21.
- Creelman, A., Molka-Danielsen, J., Carter, B. (2009). Empathy in virtual learning environments. International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations. 6. 123-139.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Creelman, A., Löwe, C., Diedrichs, P., Kulmala, L. (2018). Mainstreaming virtual mobility - helping teachers to get on board. Telecollaboration and virtual exchange across disciplines : in service of social inclusion and global citizenship : Book of Abstracts. 24-24.
- Creelman, A., Jansen, D., Zourou, K., Löwe, C. (2017). How Relevant is Open Education for Refugees? Experience and Discussion from the Erasmus+ Project MOONLITE : Workshop. 26th EDEN Annual Conference Diversity Matters! 13-16 June 2017, Jönköping.
- Röthler, D., Creelman, A. (2016). Learning Design and Conceptual Issues : Is there a conflict between open and closed learning spaces? Can closed facilitate openness?. Proceedings of the EUROPEAN STAKEHOLDER SUMMIT on experiences and best practices in and around MOOCs (EMOOCS 2016). 515-519.
- Creelman, A., Schneider, M., Slåtto, T., Röthler, D., Nørregaard, L., et al. (2015). Webinars for effective collaboration. The need for change in education. Openness as default? : Official Proceedings of the International LINQ Conference 2015, Brussels, Belgium, 11th-13th of May 2015. 93-94.
- Creelman, A., Ossiannilsson, E. (2011). Quality improvement in the use of OER in higher education - challenges and consequences. PROCEEDINGS EADTU ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2011, Eşkisehir, Turkey, 3 & 4 November 2011 : Universities and regional development in an open knowledge society; sharing innovation and knowledge in European universities. 180-197.
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Creelman, A., Falk, P., Ossiannilsson, E. (2014). Förändringar, utmaningar, gränslöst lärande. Interaktiva medier och lärandemiljöer. Gleerups Utbildning AB. 31-45.
- Creelman, A., Ossiannilsson, E. (2011). Quality indicators within the use of open educational resources in higher education. Education in a technological world: communicating current and emerging research and technological efforts. Badajoz, Spain, Formatex Research Center. 372-382.
Conference proceedings (editor) (Refereed)
- Stracke, C.M., Ehlers, U., Creelman, A., Shamarina-Heidenreich, T. (2014). Changing the Trajectory: Quality for Opening up Education : Official Proceedings of the International EIF / LINQ Conference 2014. Berlin, Logos Verlag Berlin. 247.
Article in journal (Other academic)
- Creelman, A., Árnason, H., Röthler, D. (2017). Webinars as Active Learning Arenas. European Journal of Open and Distance Learning.
- Creelman, A., Akhmetova, D., Morozova, I., Zaynullin, A. (2013). Facilitation as a method for a more inclusive approach to online learning / ФАСИЛИТАЦИЯ КАК ОДИН ИЗ МЕТОДОВ РЕАЛИЗАЦИИ ИНКЛЮЗИВНОГО ПОДХОДА ПРИ ONLINE ОБУЧЕНИИ : Article in English and Russian. Ideas of inclusive pedagogy in the context of modern requirements for preschool, school and professional education. 66-80.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Creelman, A., Gerestrand, A., Uhlin, L., Kvarnström, M., Hedberg, M., et al. (2016). Open courses as virtual mobility and the role of collaborative literacy in staff development. EDEN 2016 Annual Conference. Re-Imagining Learning Scenarios : EDEN 2016 Annual Conference Budapest, Hungary 14-17 June 2016 BOOK OF ABSTRACTS Including the Collection of “Synergy” Synopses.
- Grubbe, J., Creelman, A., Árnason, H. (2016). Is lurking working?. EDEN 2016 ANNUAL Conference : Re-Imagining Learning Scenarios : Budapest, Hungary 14-17 June 2016. Book of Abstracts. 102-102.
- Kvarnström, M., Hedberg, M., Ossiannilsson, E., Åbjörnsson, L., Creelman, A., et al. (2015). From awareness to participation : student engagement in an online environment. MOOCs in Scandinavia, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, 11-12 June 2015.
- Ossiannilsson, E., Uhlin, L., Creelman, A. (2014). Building your own personal learning network. NGL 2014, Next Generation Learning Conference, Conference Summary : March 19-20, 2014, Dalarna University, Falun, Sweden. 63-67.
- Creelman, A., Pawlowski, J., Ossiannilsson, E., Titlestad, G., Pirkkalainen, H., et al. (2013). The Nordic Alliance for Open Education - State of the art, challenges and opportunities. The Joy of Learning Enhancing Learning Experience - Improving Learning Quality : Proceedings of the European Distance and E-Learning Network 2013 Annual Conference Oslo, 12-15 June, 2013 ISBN 978-963-89559-3-7.
- Ossiannilsson, E., Creelman, A. (2012). OERopoly:A game to generate collective intelligence around OER. Next Generation Learning Conference 2012. Conference Proceedings.. 75-82.
Chapter in book (Other academic)
- Creelman, A., Witthaus, G. (2018). Facilitated MOOC support - closed bubbles in an open sea. The 2018 OpenupEd TrendReport on MOOCs. Maastricht, Netherlands, EADTU. 31-34.
- Creelman, A., Shamarina-Heidenreich, T. (2014). Changing the trajectory - An Introduction. Changing the Trajectory: Quality for Opening up Education : Official Proceedings of the International EIF / LINQ Conference 2014. Berlin, Logos Verlag Berlin. 8-14.
Report (Other academic)
- Creelman, A., Witthaus, G., Rodriguez, B.C.P. (2018). Refugees’ educational resources – RefER project final report. Open university, UK. 28.
- Creelman, A. (2014). Utvärdering av medicinska utbildningsresurser på internet : en översikt. eHälsoinstitutet, Linnéuniversitetet. 15.
- Creelman, A. (2011). OER - en resurs för lärande : Projektrapport till Kungliga biblioteket, Programmet för Open Access.se. Kungliga Biblioteket. 15.
Article in journal (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
- Creelman, A. (2015). A new ecosystem for learning. Adjacent government. May. 275-276.
- Bourelius, L., Creelman, A., Forsberg, Å. (2012). OER – an international trend with slow development in Sweden. Sciecom Info: Nordic-Baltic Forum for Scientific Communication. 8.
- Creelman, A. (2012). Public libraries as learning spaces. Scandinavian library quarterly. 45. 16-17.
- Creelman, A., Forsberg, Å. (2010). Open Educational Resources – a resource for learning. ScieCom info – Nordic-Baltic Forum for Scientific Communication. 6. 9-12.
Conference paper (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
- Slåtto, T., Creelman, A., Schneider, M., Röthler, D., Árnason, H. (2016). Effective Interactive Webinars : Methods to facilitate learning in open collaborative learning environments. A toolbook for practitioners/facilitators. EDEN 2016 ANNUAL Conference Re-Imagining Learning Scenarios : EDEN 2016 Annual Conference Budapest, Hungary 14-17 June 2016 BOOK OF ABSTRACTS. 98-98.
- Creelman, A., Petrakou, A., Richardson, D. (2008). Teaching and learning in Second Life - experience from the Kamimo project. Online Information 2008 Conference Proceedings : Information at the heart of the business. 85-89.
Report (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
- Bacsich, P., Pepler, G., Frank Bristow, S., Ossiannilsson, E., Creelman, A., et al. (2015). Adult education and open educational resources : Directorate-general for internal policies, Policy department B, Structural and cohension policies. European Union. 142.
Collection (editor) (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
Other (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
- Pawlowski, J., Hoel, T., Varis, T., Lounaskorpi, P., Johannessen,, Ø., et al. (2013). Towards a Nordic Alliance for Open Education – a Position Paper. elearningeuropa.info.