Phd student in English linguistics. Research within corpus linguistics, language change and diachronic linguistics.
My research groups
Article in journal (Refereed)
Laitinen, M., Lundberg, J., Levin, M., Lakaw, A. (2017). Utilizing Multilingual Language Data in (Nearly) Real Time : The Case of the Nordic Tweet Stream. Journal of universal computer science (Online). 23 (11). 1038-1056.
Lakaw, A. (2016). Diachronic shifts in agreement patterns of collective nouns in 19th-century American and British English. Studies in Variation, Contacts and Change in English. 18.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Lakaw, A. (2017). Prescriptive Influences on Agreement with Collective Nouns in Early 20th-century American English. LMEC 6 : Book of Abstracts. 20-21.
- Lakaw, A. (2017). Diachronic shifts in agreement patterns of collective nouns in American and British English in the 19th and early 20th century. ICAME 48m 24-28 May 2017, Charles University, Prague : Corpus et Orbis: Interpreting the World through Corpora. Book of Abstracts. 146-147.
- Lakaw, A. (2016). Diachronic shifts in agreement patterns of collective nouns in 19th-century British and American English. Book of Abstracts : 4th Conference of the International Society for the Linguistics of English. 18-21 September 2016 Poznań, Poland. 256-258.
- Laitinen, M., Levin, M., Lakaw, A. (2015). Advanced non-native English on a continuum of Englishes : Charting new data sources. From data to evidence : big data, rich data, uncharted data : 19-22 October 2015, Helsinki.
- Lakaw, A. (2015). Diachronic shifts in agreement patterns of collective nouns in 19th-century American English. ICAME 36: Words, words, words – corpora and lexis. Trier, 27-31 May 2015.
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Laitinen, M., Levin, M., Lakaw, A. (2019). Charting New Sources of elf Data : A Multi-Genre Corpus Approach. From Data to Evidence in English Language Research. Leiden, Brill Academic Publishers. 326-350.
- Laitinen, M., Lundberg, J., Levin, M., Lakaw, A. (2017). Revisiting weak ties : Using present-day social media data in variationist studies. Exploring Future Paths for Historical Sociolinguistics. Amsterdam, John Benjamins Publishing Company. 303-325.
Article, book review (Refereed)
Lakaw, A. (2021). [Review of]: Merja Kytö and Erik Smitterberg (eds.), Late Modern English: Novel encounters. Amsterdam and Philadelphia: John Benjamins, 2020. Pp. vii + 359. ISBN 9789027205087.. English Language and Linguistics. Cambridge University Press.
Status: Epub ahead of print
Conference paper (Other academic)
Chapter in book (Other academic)
- Lakaw, A. (2020). “Here comes the police! Here they come!” : On the History of a Collective (?) Noun. Doing Digital Humanities : Concepts, Approaches, Cases. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press. 241-257.