- Diploma (BSc + MSc) in Computer Science (Informatics & Telecommunications Engineering), from the University of Western Macedonia, GR
Angelos Chatzimparmpas started as an undergraduate student at the University of Western Macedonia, Greece, in 2012. After five years of studies, he received a Master's degree in Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering in Nov 2017. During the last two years, Angelos finished two internships: in a private sector company (Web Expert) as a computer programmer and at the CTTC research center in Spain as a web developer of the IoT World project. Furthermore, he was a member of his university's Robotics Team and of a scientific group for an interregional cooperation project for improving SME competitiveness policies. In addition, he was a teaching assistant for many courses. Angelos started his PhD in February 2018 at Linnaeus University and his main goal is to research ways of how visualization could assist in explainable machine learning. Overall, he is very much interested in Visual Analytics and on how to find solutions for scientific challenges referring to the problem of Big Data analytics.
Teaching Assistant for the following courses:
- 1DV516 - Algorithms and Advanced Data Structures (3 years)
- 4ME501 - Programming for Digital Humanities (3 years)
- 4DV800/4DV805 - Information Visualization (2 years)
- 4DV801/4DV806 - Applied Information Visualization (2 years)
- 1IK173 - Quality Assurance in Information Systems (2 years)
- 1DV437 - Introduction to Game Programming (2 years)
Angelos focus on Visual Analytics (VA) approaches that can be applied for making smart/complex systems more effective, for example. This topic is part of the VAESS research group within DISA that aims to better understand and engineer complex cyber-physical systems. He develop foundational visual analytics principles, techniques, and tools for analyzing data and models in those systems. Thus, trust in the analysis results is finally increased by making the analysis methods and the resulting empirical models transparent for end-users. In consequence, users are enabled to better predict the behavior of cyber-physical systems and to reconstruct the underlying models more efficiently when needed.
Substantially contribute to the research field of Visual Analytics and to make an impact by improving complex systems used in practice.
My research groups and projects
Visual Analytics for Engineering Smarter Systems (VAESS) Visual Analytics for Engineering Smarter Systems (VAESS) is a research area within the Linnaeus University Centre for Data Intensive Sciences…
Information and Software Visualization The research group Information and Software Visualization, ISOVIS, mainly focuses on the explorative analysis and visualization of large and complex information…
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Chatzimparmpas, A., Martins, R.M., Kucher, K., Kerren, A. (2021). StackGenVis : Alignment of Data, Algorithms, and Models for Stacking Ensemble Learning Using Performance Metrics. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics.
- Chatzimparmpas, A., Martins, R.M., Jusufi, I., Kerren, A. (2020). A survey of surveys on the use of visualization for interpreting machine learning models. Information Visualization. 19. 207-233.
- Chatzimparmpas, A., Martins, R.M., Jusufi, I., Kucher, K., Rossi, F., et al. (2020). The State of the Art in Enhancing Trust in Machine Learning Models with the Use of Visualizations. Computer graphics forum (Print). 39. 713-756.
- Chatzimparmpas, A., Martins, R.M., Kerren, A. (2020). t-viSNE : Interactive Assessment and Interpretation of t-SNE Projections. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. 26. 2696-2714.
- Chatzimparmpas, A., Bibi, S. (2019). Maintenance process modeling and dynamic estimations based on Bayesian networks and association rules. Journal of Software : Evolution and Process. 31. 1-25.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Kokkonis, G., Chatzimparmpas, A., Kontogiannis, S. (2018). Middleware IoT protocols performance evaluation for carrying out clustered data. 2018 South-Eastern European Design Automation, Computer Engineering, Computer Networks and Society Media Conference (SEEDA_CECNSM).
- Chatzimparmpas, A., Martins, R.M., Kerren, A. (2018). t-viSNE : A Visual Inspector for the Exploration of t-SNE. Presented at IEEE Information Visualization (VIS '18), Berlin, Germany, 21-26 October, 2018.
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Papaefthimiou, D., Kontogiannis, S., Chatzimparmpas, A., Kokkonis, G., Valsamidis, S. (2019). Proposed OLEA management system with farming monitoring processes for virgin olive oil production traceability and assessment. Innovative Approaches and Applications for Sustainable Rural Development : 8th International Conference, HAICTA 2017, Chania, Crete, Greece, September 21-24, 2017, Selected Papers. Springer. 325-353.