I am since January 1 2017 Vice Rector Internationalisation and Innovation
My research areas are related to environmental science with a focus on air pollution and chemical process engineering. My specialty is interaction of catalysts with the chemical process where the catalyst is applied with a goal to understand and improve material lifetime. In this field I hold an adjunct professorship at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm (KTH).
I have a long background in industry and my experience from industry involves research on flue gas cleaning processes including SOx, NOx, Hg and Dioxins where I worked both nationally and internationally. I have also been globally involved in developing new processes for capture of carbon dioxide from fossil fuel off gases to abate climate change.
Within my national and international cooperation I hold a number of positions in company boards, review committees and network organizations.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Parsland, C., Larsson, A., Benito, P., Fornasari, G., Brandin, J. (2015). Nickel-substituted bariumhexaaluminates as novel catalysts in steam reforming of tars. Fuel processing technology. 140. 1-11.
- Larsson, A., Einvall, J., Sanati, M. (2007). Deactivation of SCR Catalysts by Exposure to Aerosol Particles of Potassium and Zinc Salts. Aerosol Science and Technology. 41. 369-379.
- Larsson, A., Einvall, J., Andersson, A., Sanati, M. (2007). Physical and chemical characterisation of potassium deactivation of a SCR catalyst for biomass combustion. Topics in catalysis. 45. 149-152.
- Einvall, J., Albertazzi, S., Hulteberg, C., Malik, A., Basile, F., et al. (2007). Investigation of reforming catalyst deactivation by exposure to fly ash from biomass gasification in laboratory scale. Energy & Fuels. 21. 2481-2488.
- Larsson, A., Rahmani, M., Arnby, K., Sohrabi, M., Skoglundh, M., et al. (2007). Pilot-scale investigation of Pt/alumina catalysts deactivation by organosilicon in the total oxidation of hydrocarbons. Topics in catalysis. 45. 121-124.
- Larsson, A., Einvall, J., Andersson, A., Sanati, M. (2006). Targeting by Comparison with Laboratory Experiments the SCR Catalyst Deactivation Process by Potassium and Zinc Salts in a Large-Scale Biomass Combustion Boiler. Energy & Fuels. 20. 1398-1405.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Parsland, C., Larsson, A., Brandin, J. (2016). Ni-substituted Ba-hexaaluminates catalyst for tar reforming from gasified iomass. Proceedings of the 17th Nordic Symposium on Catalysis : Book of Abstracts. 256-257.
- Larsson, A. (2016). Environmental catalyst research in full scale installations : Experiences and considerations in experimental designs. Proceedings of the 17th Nordic Symposium on Catalysis : Book of Abstracts. 226-226.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Larsson, A., Rahmani, M., Arnby, K., Sohrabi, M., Skoglundh, M., et al. (2006). Pilot-scale investigation of Pt/alumina catalysts deactivation by organosilicon in the total oxidation of hydrocarbons. Proceedings : 12th Nordic Symposium on Catalysis : May 28-30, Trondheim, Norway : Energy and Environmental Catalysis : Catalysis in Nordic Countries. 82-83.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Larsson, A. (2007). Study of Catalyst Deactivation in Three Different Industrial Processes. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Växjö University Press.