I teach labour and employment law, EU law and legal methods. I mainly tach courses within the bachelor specialisation in labour and employment law.
My research focuses on the European social dialogue, i.e. the cooperation between the social parnters at EU level. Through this research I also have an interest for the policy-shaping and legislative processes within the EU and fundamental rights relating to laour and employment law. In my doctoral theis I applied system theory as part of a socio-legal study. Currently I'm involved in projects concerning law, solidarity and the EU constitutional crisis as well as a project focusing on the challenges facing the European social dialogue and the Swedish model within the public sector.
I hold the commission of being responsible for the legal science discipline at the School of Business and Economics.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Hartzén, A. (2017). The transformation of labour market regulatory intitutions. Law in transition - interacting legal orders and changing actors, Aarhus, September 28-29, 2017.
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Hartzén, A., Hös, N., Le Comte, F., Marzo, C., Mestre, B., et al. (2014). The right of the employee to refuse to be transferred : a comparative and theoretical analysis. Transmissão de estabelecimento. Centro de Estudos Judiciários. 47-93.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Hartzén, A. (2018). Globalisation of labour markets and international systems of industrial relations. .
- Hartzén, A. (2016). The effects of the financial crisis for the European Social Dialogue. .
- Hartzén, A. (2008). Fundamentalisation of industrial rights in the EU – an intricate network of legal sources and interpretations : Chapter in EUI Working Paper. A Field of Fundamentalisation: the industrial relations.
- Hartzén, A. (2008). The future function of the European social dialogue. .
- Hartzén, A. (2007). The employee right to refuse to transfer in Sweden : nothing to discuss?. .
- Hartzén, A. (2006). The future role of the social partners. .
Doctoral thesis, monograph (Other academic)
- Hartzén, A. (2017). The European Social Dialogue in Perspective : Its future potential as an autopoietic system and lessons from the global maritime system of industrial relations. Doctoral Thesis. Lund, Lund University. 389.