I study how older adults who have lost a child differ in their perceived life satisfaction compared to non-bereaved and elderly who have lost a spouse or both spouse and child.
Project: Internet compassion-course for healthcare professionals The aim of this study is to investigate whether who different internet-based courses for healthcare professionals contributes to reduce…
Project: Lived experience of children and youth 4-17 yrs with gender-creative identities/expressions and their parents/legal guardians in Sweden This phenomenological interview study explores the…
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Bratt, A.S., Rusner, M., Svensson, I. (2020). An exploration of group-based compassion-focused therapy for adolescents and their parents. Scandinavian Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology. 8. 38-47.
- Bratt, A.S., Gralberg, I., Svensson, I., Rosner, M. (2020). Gaining the courage to see and accept oneself : Group-based compassion-focussed therapy as experienced by adolescent girls. Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry. 25. 909-921.
- Bratt, A.S., Fagerström, C. (2020). Self-compassion in old age : confirmatory factor analysis of the 6-factor model and the internal consistency of the Self-compassion scale-short form. Aging & Mental Health. 24. 642-648.
- Bratt, A.S., Svensson, I., Rusner, M. (2019). Finding confidence and inner trust as a parent : experiences of group-based compassion-focused therapy for the parents of adolescents with mental health problems. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. 14. 1-9.
- Bratt, A.S., Stenström, U., Rennemark, M. (2018). Exploring the Most Important Negative Life Events in Older Adults Bereaved of Child, Spouse, or Both. Omega. 76. 227-236.
- Bratt, A.S., Stenström, U., Rennemark, M. (2017). Effects on life satisfaction of older adults after child and spouse bereavement. Aging & Mental Health. 21. 602-608.
- Bratt, A.S., Stenström, U., Rennemark, M. (2016). The Role of Neuroticism and Conscientiousness on Mortality Risk in Older Adults After Child and Spouse Bereavement. Aging & Mental Health. 20. 559-566.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Bratt, A.S. (2019). Group-based compassion-focused therapy : Finding Confidence and Inner Trust as a Parent. .
- Bratt, A.S. (2019). Does Perceived Ageism Affect the Health and Life Satisfaction of Older Swedish Adults?. .
- Bratt, A.S. (2017). Preliminary results from Compassionate Mind Training with Adolescents and their parents in a Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinic. .
- Bratt, A.S. (2016). Does Compassionate Mind Training Decrease Stress and Improve Self-Compassion in Parents of Adolescents with Mental Illness?. .
- Bratt, A.S. (2016). Compassionate Mind Training with adolescents in a Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinic. .
- Bratt, A.S. (2014). Surviving the Loss of a Child : Implications on Perceived Life Satisfaction in Older Age. .
Article in journal (Other academic)
- Bratt, A.S. (2020). Föräldrar till barn som lider av psykisk ohälsa : Erfarenheter av "compassion fokuserad" gruppbehandling. Psykoterapi: Psykoterapicentrums tidskrift. 6-11.
Book (Other academic)
Chapter in book (Other academic)
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Bratt, A.S. (2016). Surviving the loss of a child, a spouse, or both : Implications on life satisfaction and mortality in older ages. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Linnaeus University Press. 96.