Dr Ares Gomez is a Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering within the Department of Maskinteknik. Ares studied her Mechanical Engineering degree in the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM), Mexico, where she also got the MEng in Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronics in 2010. In 2016, Ares got her PhD in Manufacturing and Materials Engineering from The University of Edinburgh, Scotland. Between 2016 and 2019, Ares worked at the Advanced Forming Research Centre (AFRC) at Strathclyde University where she was focused on light weight metal forming for the aerospace industry. Since April 2019, Ares has been a Lecturer at the Glasgow Caledonian University, and in December 2021, she started her work at Linnaeus University.
Mechanical Engineering, orientation towards Industrial Production Systems.
Her main research activity is focused on advanced manufacturing with interdisciplinary experience in areas such as operations management, materials science, and mechanical design. She has hands-on experience in multiple manufacturing processes (manual and CNC tool-machines, WJC, ECM, SPF and AM) combined with high proficiency in CAD/CAM/CAE, FEA, Multiphysics modelling and operations management modelling.
My research groups
Mechanical Engineering The research in the field of mechanical engineering is broad and has its main focus in six areas: structural dynamics, material science, industrial economics, terotechnology,…
Smart Industry Group Smart Industry Group (SIG) is an interdisciplinary research group featuring expertise from computer science and mechanical engineering. SIG's focus is making production and…
Article in journal (Refereed)
Monsivais, I., Méndez, F., Gomez-Gallegos, A.A., Lizardi, J. (2022). Conjugate Heat Transfer in a Thin Microchannel Filled with a Porous Medium. Journal of thermophysics and heat transfer. 36 (1). 40-50.
Khalid, H., Gomez-Gallegos, A.A. (2021). Substituting Ti-64 with Aa2099 as material of a commercial aircraft pylon. Advances in Materials Science. 21 (2). 77-92.
Elrakayby, H., Gonzalez, D., Gomez-Gallegos, A.A., Mandal, P., Zuelli, N. (2020). A study on modelling the superplastic behaviour of Ti54M alloy. Solid State Phenomena. 306. 9-14.
Gomez-Gallegos, A.A., Mill, F., Mount, A.R., Duffield, S., Sherlock, A. (2018). 3D multiphysics model for the simulation of electrochemical machining of stainless steel (SS316). The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 95. 2959-2972.
Gomez-Gallegos, A.A., Mandal, P., Gonzalez, D., Zuelli, N., Blackwell, P. (2018). Studies on titanium alloys for aerospace application. Diffusion and defect data, solid state data. Part A, Defect and diffusion forum. 385. 419-423.
Gomez-Gallegos, A.A., Farrell, M., Zuelli, N., Staiano, A. (2017). A comparative study assessing the wear behaviour of different ceramic die materials during superplastic forming. Materialwissenschaft und Werkstofftechnik. 48 (10). 983-992.
Gomez-Gallegos, A.A., Mill, F., Mount, A.R. (2016). Surface finish control by electrochemical polishing in stainless steel 316 pipes. Journal of Manufacturing Processes. 23. 83-89.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Sneddon, S., De Silva, A.K., Gomez-Gallegos, A.A., Jayasinghe, P. (2022). Precision improvements in ECM via tool insert development by 3D printing. 21st CIRP CONFERENCE ON ELECTRO PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL MACHINING, ISEM XXI June, 14 to 17, 2022 in Zurich. 459-464.
- Mandal, P., Gomez-Gallegos, A.A., Gonzalez, D., Elrakayby, H., Blackwell, P. (2020). Superplastic behaviour of Ti54M and Ti64. The 14th World Conference on Titanium (Ti 2019).
- Bylya, O., Gomez-Gallegos, A.A., Stefani, N., Blackwell, P. (2017). Al-Li Alloys : The Analysis of Material Behaviour during Industrial Hot Forging. International Conference on the Technology of Plasticity, ICTP 2017, 17-22 September 2017, Cambridge, United Kingdom. 7-12.
- Gomez-Gallegos, A.A. (2012). Maquinado Electroquímico : fundamentos y simulación utilizando elemento finito. CONACYT Scholarship Symposium of Holders in Europe, 29 - 30 November 2012.
- Ruiz-Huerta, L., Gomez-Gallegos, A.A., Caballero-Ruiz, A. (2009). Investigación del Proceso de Corte Por Chorro de Agua(WJC) y sus Aplicaciones en Micromecánica. 9th Ibero-American Congress of Mechanical Engineering.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Khalid, H., Gomez-Gallegos, A.A. (2021). Substituting Ti-64 with AA2099 as Material of a Commercial Aircraft Pylon. Book of Abstracts of International online conference"Advanced manufacturing materials and research : new technologies and techniques AMM&R2021"February 19, 2021. 28-28.
- Gomez-Gallegos, A.A., Mandal, P., Gonzalez, D., Zuelli, N., Blackwell, P. (2018). Studies on Ti54M Titanium Alloy for Application within the Aerospace Industry. Superplasticity in Advanced Materials - ICSAM 2018 : 13th International Conference on Superplasticity in Advanced Materials ICSAM 2018.
- Ruiz-Huerta, L., Gomez-Gallegos, A.A., Caballero-Ruiz, A. (2009). Investigacion del processo de corte por chorro de agua (wjc) y sus aplicaciones en micromecanica. IX Congreso iberoamericano de ingeniería mecánica: Cibim9, 17-20 de Noviembre del 2007, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria : memoria técnica, resúmenes.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Gomez-Gallegos, A.A. (2016). Electrochemical machining: towards 3D simulation and application on SS316. Doctoral Thesis. University of Edinburgh.
Conference proceedings (editor) (Other academic)
- Gomez-Gallegos, A.A., Mount, A.R., Mill, F. (2014). Surface finish study of electrochemical machined stainless steel 316 : Intended Symposia: Electrochemistry of Advanced Materials and Nanomaterials. UK, Royal Society of Chemistry, International Society of Electrochemistry, SCI.