Åsa Devine received a M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering and Ergonomics from Luleå Technical University in 1998. Thereafter she moved to the USA and worked in the furniture industry as a product engineer specialist. After six years in the USA she returned to Sweden and completed her Ph.D. in 2010. This work concerns internationalization and performance among SMEs with empirical data originating from furniture producers in Sweden. Her general research interest lies in the area where strategic management intersects psychology and social psychology. In particular, Åsa is intrigued by how individuals (e.g. decision makers) and collective groups (e.g. top management teams) help determine organizational behavior and outcome in an international context.
My research groups
Article in journal (Refereed)
Devine, Å., Sandell, M. (2023). Application of the Sustainable Business Model Framework : Evidence from a Multinational Company. European Journal of Sustainable Development. 12 (3).
Devine, Å., Sandell, M. (2021). Promoting Deep Learning Through Integration of a Tri-sequel Role Play. Journal of International Business Education. 16. 137-154.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Devine, Å., Sandell, M. (2022). Understanding deployment of sustainability business practices through a multi-stakeholder value approach. Working Papers Series on Social Responsibility, Ethics and Sustainable Business. 14-15.
- Devine, Å., Sandell, M. (2019). Exploring the intra-organizational journey of a vague management concept through a translation theory lens. Proceedings of the 11th International Joint Conference on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management : September 17-19, 2019, in Vienna, Austria. 56-61.
- Devine, Å., Sandell, M. (2017). Promoting deep learning in Marketing Strategy through integration of a tri-sequel role play. Paper presented at the Strategic Management Society 27th Annual Conference, Houston, USA, October 28-31, 2017.
- Devine, Å. (2014). Building a Microfoundation on the basis of the Upper Echelon Theory. Strategic Management Society Special Conference 2014.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Magnusson, V., Devine, Å., Sandell, M. (2023). Nurturing Social Presence in a Blended Learning Environment. International Conference on Computer Supported Education, CSEDU - Proceedings. 519-526.
- Devine, Å. (2013). The importance of top leaders for international diversification : an empirical study of Swedish SMEs. Paper presented at EIASM 4th workshop on top management teams and business strategy, Top management teams in an international context: an institutional perspective, Copenhagen, Denmark, October 17-18, 2013. 1-18.
Doctoral thesis, monograph (Other academic)
- Devine, Å. (2010). Internationalization and Performance among Small and Medium-sized Firms : A study of furniture producers in Sweden. Doctoral Thesis. Växjö, Kalmar, Linnaeus University Press. 168.