Link to the DiVA portal and full publication list (via ORCID id).
Bo Andersson is an associate professor at the Department of Informatics, Linnaeus University, Sweden. He holds a Ph.D. in Informatics from the Department of Informatics, School of Economics and Management, Lund University.
The overarching premise of his research is how business technology (previously identified as information systems but reconstructed as business technology today) can help organizations achieve their objectives. That reconstruction of information systems is based on the perspective that organizations and information systems are fully integrated into one inseparable instance.
Bo has published research in subjects such as m-Health, e-Health, enterprise resource planning systems, design research, and firstmost on mobile information systems.
Bo has reviewed publications in journals and conferences such as the Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems, Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, International Conference on Information Systems, European Conference on Information Systems, Information System Development Conference, Mobile Health, Business Research in Informatics, Mobile Response, and Americas Conference on Information Systems. He is also assigned as associate editor at the Journal of Decision Systems, a member of eHealth@lund, and a senior affiliated at the Swedish Research School of Management and IT (MIT).
Article in journal (Refereed)
Chirambo, G.B., Thompson, M., Hardy, V., Ide, N., Hwang, P.H., et al. (2021). Effectiveness of Smartphone-Based Community Case Management on the Urgent Referral, Reconsultation, and Hospitalization of Children Aged Under 5 Years in Malawi : Cluster-Randomized, Stepped-Wedge Trial. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 23 (10).
Chirambo, G.B., Muula, A.S., Thompson, M., Hardy, V.E., Heavin, C., et al. (2021). End-user perspectives of two mHealth decision support tools : Electronic Community Case Management in Northern Malawi. International Journal of Medical Informatics. 145.
Ide, N., Hardy, V., Chirambo, G., Heavin, C., O'connor, Y., et al. (2019). People Welcomed This Innovation with Two Hands : A Qualitative Report of an mHealth Intervention for Community Case Management in Malawi.. Annals of Global Health. 85 (1).
Dharmayat, K.I., Tran, T., Hardy, V., Chirambo, B.G., Thompson, M.J., et al. (2019). Sustainability of 'mHealth' interventions in sub- Saharan Africa : a stakeholder analysis of an electronic community case management project in Malawi. Malawi Medical Journal. 31 (3). 177-183.
Chirambo, G.B., Hardy, V.E., Heavin, C., O'connor, Y., O'donoghue, J., et al. (2018). Perceptions of a mobile health intervention for Community Case Management in Malawi : Opportunities and challenges for Health Surveillance Assistants in a community setting. Malawi Medical Journal. 30 (1). 6-12.
Hardy, V., O'connor, Y., Heavin, C., Mastellos, N., Tran, T., et al. (2017). The added value of a mobile application of Community Case Management on referral, re-consultation and hospitalization rates of children aged under 5 years in two districts in Northern Malawi : study protocol for a pragmatic, stepped-wedge cluster-randomized controlled trial. Trials. 18 (1).
Andersson, B., Hedman, J. (2007). Developing m-Services : Lessons Learned from the Developers' Perspective. Communications of the Association for Information Systems. 20 (1). 605-620.
Article in journal (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
Chirambo, G.B., Muula, A.S., Andersson, B., Heavin, C., O’ Donoghue, J., et al. (2020). How smartphones could help improve child health in Malawi. The Conversation.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Andersson, B. (2012). Harnessing Handheld Computing : Framework, Toolkit and Design Propositions. Doctoral Thesis. Lund, Department of Informatics, School of Economics and Management, Lund University.
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Andersson, B., Henningsson, S. (2010). Use of mobile IS : new requirements for the IS development process. Reframing Humans in Information Systems Development. Springer London. 227-242.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Andersson, B., Wu, T.J., O'donoghue, J., Mastellos, N., Thompson, M., et al. (2017). Enhancing Information Quality as Part of the Disease Surveillance System in Malawi, Africa : Reflections on a mHealth Intervention. Information Systems Development: Advances in Methods, Tools and Management : Proceedings of the 26th International Conference on Information Systems Development, ISD 2017.
- O’connor, Y., Hardy, V., Thompson, M., Mastellos, N., Tran, T., et al. (2016). The importance of form field validation : Lesson learnt from a feasibility study of an mhealth appllicatoin in Malawi, Africa. Proceedings of the Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2016).
- Pierce, P., Andersson, B. (2016). Using alliances to cut the learning curve of ICT. Perspectives in Business Informatics Research. BIR 2016. 247-261.
- Johansson, B., Andersson, B. (2014). Requirements engineering in Open Source ERP. 7th IADIS International Conference on Information Systems 2014, IS 2014. 59-69.
- Hedman, J., Andersson, B. (2014). Selection method for COTS systems. CENTERIS 2014 - Conference on ENTERprise Information Systems / ProjMAN 2014 - International Conference on Project MANagement / HCIST 2014 - International Conference on Health and Social Care Information Systems and Technologies. 301-309.
- Henningsson, S., Hedman, J., Andersson, B. (2013). Shaping Information Infrastructure Evolution : Governmental Claims of Architectural Control Points. Proceedings of the European Conference on e-Government, ECEG. 240-247.
- Andersson, B., Henningsson, S. (2013). Accentuated factors of handheld computing. Information Systems Development. 293-304.
- Andersson, B. (2012). Handheld Computing from a Designer's Perspective : A 10-Year Review 2001-2010. In proceedings of the 45th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), 4-7 January, 2012, Hawaii.
- Andersson, B. (2012). Enhancing the accentuated factor framework : dependencies between factors. ECIS 2012 - Proceedings of the 20th European Conference on Information Systems.
- Andersson, B. (2011). Harnessing handheld computing : Managing IS support to the digital ranger with defensive design. Service-Oriented Perspectives in Design Science Research : 6th International Conference, DESRIST 2011, Milwaukee, WI, USA, May 5-6, 2011. 62-76.
- Andersson, B., Henningsson, S. (2010). Developing Mobile Information Systems : Managing Additional Aspects. 18th European Conference on Information Systems, ECIS 2010.
- Andersson, B., Keller, C. (2010). Harness mobility : managing the off-task property. Global Perspectives on Design Science Research. DESRIST 2010 : 5th International Conference, DESRIST 2010, St. Gallen, Switzerland, June 4-5, 2010. Proceedings. 258-269.
- Andersson, B. (2010). Mobile Computing from a Developer’s Perspective : A 10-Year Review, 1999–2008. Perspectives in Business Informatics Research. BIR 2010 : 9th International Conference, BIR 2010, Rostock, Germany, September 29--October 1, 2010. 220-233.
- Andersson, B., Lahtinen, M., Pierce, P. (2009). File-Sharing : A Threat to Intellectual Property Rights, or is the Music Industry Just Taking Us for a Spin?. In proceedings of the 17th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS).
- Andersson, B., Carlsson, S. (2009). Designing for Digital Nomads : Managing the High Reliance on Single Application.. In proceedings of the 8th Global Mobility Roundtable Conference (GMR 2009).
- Andersson, B. (2008). About Appropriation of Mobile Applications : The Applicability of Structural Features and Spirit. 16th European Conference on Information Systems, ECIS 2008.
- Andersson, B. (2007). Mobile Computing Investigated : A Review of what has been done in the domain of mobile computing research.. In proceedings of the NOKOBIT 2007 Conference.
- Andersson, B., Hedman, J. (2007). Diffusion of Advanced Mobile Services : A Survey of Large Swedish Firms.. In proceedings of the Sixth Annual Global Mobility Roundtable (GMR).
- Andersson, B., Hedman, J., Lind, M. (2007). The Adoption of Advanced Mobile Services. Expanding the Knowledge Economy : Issues, Applications, Case Studies.
- Andersson, B., Hedman, J. (2006). Issues in the Development of a Mobile based Communication Platform for the Swedish Police Force and Appointed Security Guards. In proceedings of the 3rd Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM). 181-187.
- Andersson, B. (2005). To strengthen the organisation with the use of a CMC-system. In proceedings of the 28th Information Systems Research Seminar in Scandinavia (IRIS).
Collection (editor) (Refereed)
- Andersson, B., Johansson, B., Barry, C., Lang, M., Linger, H., et al. (2019). Advances in Information Systems Development : Designing Digitalization. Springer. 264.
- Andersson, B., Johansson, B., Carlsson, S. (2018). Information Systems Development : Designing Digitalization.. Lund, Lund University.