My research focuses on the following topics: European integration, EU politics, EU institutions, EU decision-making processes, international and EU law and its implementation, comparative politics, EU internal market, and political entrepreneurship.
After a two years postdoc at Linnaeus University (2016-2018), I am currently a senior lecturer at Linnaeus and at the University of Vienna. I completed my PhD studies with distinction at the University of Vienna (2013-2016) and obtained a master's degree in European studies and political science from the University of Vienna and Innsbruck.
During my pre-doctoral time, I was employed as communication and publication assistant at the Institute for European Integration Research (University of Vienna) and I served as editorial assistant for the European Integration online Papers (EIoP). My working experiences further involve professional development and quality management in social and community work at wohnpartner, the neighbourhood service for community housing in Vienna (2009-2013), and I served as assistant and head of office for a Member of the European Parliament, who was chair of the budgetary control committee, in Brussels and Strasbourg (2007-2009).
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Pircher, B. (2017). Member states’ opposition in the Council of the European Union and its impacts on the implementation of directives. Austrian Journal of Political Science. 46. 1-10.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Pircher, B. (2017). Debating the Economic Crisis in the European Parliament: Lessons for Entrepreneurship. .
- Pircher, B. (2017). The EU Policy on Public Procurement. .
- Pircher, B. (2017). EU Public Procurement Policy: Crisis‑induced Harmonization as Driver for European Integration?. 11th ECPR General Conference.
- Pircher, B. (2015). An Opposition in the Council of the EU and its Impacts on the Transposition of Directives. .
- Pircher, B. (2015). 'Opposing’ in the Council of the European Union and its Effects on the Transposition of the Respective Directives. .
- Pircher, B. (2015). Transposing EU Directives : The Effect of Being Outvoted in the Council of the EU. .
- Pircher, B. (2014). Contested voting in the Council of the EU: Who dissents?. .
- Pircher, B. (2014). Das Abstimmungsverhalten der Mitgliedstaaten im Rat der Europäischen Union vor und nach dem Vertrag von Lissabon. .
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Pircher, B. (2018). Debating entrepreneurship in the European Parliament in times of crisis: Enriching the discourse. Governance and Political Entrepreneurship in Europe. Promoting Growth and Welfare in Times of Crisis. Cheltenham, Edward Elgar Publishing. 100-120.
- Pircher, B. (2018). Entrepreneurship policy in the Council of the EU: Reaching Consensus among Member States?. Governance and Political Entrepreneurship in Europe. Promoting Growth and Welfare in Times of Crisis. Cheltenham, Edward Elgar Publishing. 82-99.
Doctoral thesis, monograph (Other academic)
- Pircher, B. (2015). Österreichs Opposition im Rat der Europäischen Union und ihre Auswirkungen auf die Richtlinienumsetzung. Doctoral Thesis. Vienna, University of Vienna.
Article, review/survey (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
- Pircher, B. (2014). Meine Forschung: Welche Folgen hat Österreichs Opposition im EU-Ministerrat?. uni:view online newspaper, University of Vienna.
- Pircher, B. (2014). Die Rolle des Europäischen Parlaments in der Beschäftigungs- und Sozialpolitik. Trendreport Arbeit, Bildung, Soziales. Vienna, Forschungs- und Beratungsstelle Arbeitswelt (FORBA). 9-9.