Article in journal (Refereed)
- Bravo, G., Pardalis, G., Mahapatra, K., Mainali, B. (2019). Physical vs. Aesthetic Renovations : Learning from Swedish House Owners. Buildings. 9.
- Mainali, B., Luukkanen, J., Silveira, S., Kaivo-Oja, J. (2018). Evaluating Synergies and Trade-Offs among Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) : Explorative Analyses of Development Paths in South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Sustainability. 10.
- Mainali, B., Ahmed, H., Silveira, S. (2018). Integrated approach for provision of clean energy and water in rural Bangladesh. Ground Water for Sustainable Development. 7. 239-249.
- Mainali, B., Emran, S.B., Silveira, S. (2017). Greenhouse gas mitigation using poultry litter management techniques in Bangladesh. Energy Journal. 127. 155-166.
- Mainali, B., Silveira, S. (2015). Using a sustainability index to assess energy technologies for rural electrification. Renewable & sustainable energy reviews. 41. 1351-1365.
- Mainali, B., Pachauri, S., Rao, N.D., Silveira, S. (2014). Assessing rural energy sustainability in developing countries. Energy for Sustainable Development. 19. 15-28.
- Tessema, Z., Mainali, B., Silveira, S. (2014). Mainstreaming and sector-wide approaches to sustainable energy access in Ethiopia. Energy Strategy Reviews. 2. 313-322.
- Khan, E.U., Mainali, B., Martin, A., Silveira, S. (2014). Techno-economic analysis of small scale biogas based polygeneration systems : Bangladesh case study. Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments. 7. 68-78.
- Mainali, B., Silveira, S. (2013). Alternative pathways for providing access to electricity in developing countries. Renewable energy. 57. 299-310.
- Mainali, B., Pachauri, S., Nagai, Y. (2012). Analyzing cooking fuel and stove choices in China till 2030. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy. 4.
- Mainali, B., Silveira, S. (2012). Renewable Energy Market in Rural Electrification : Country Case Nepal. Energy for Sustainable Development. 16. 168-178.
- Mainali, B., Silveira, S. (2011). Financing off-grid rural electrification : Country case Nepal. Energy. 36. 2194-2201.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Pardalis, G., Mainali, B., Mahapatra, K. (2019). One-stop-shop as an innovation, and construction SMEs : a Swedish perspective. Innovative Solutions for Energy Transitions: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Applied Energy (ICAE2018). 2737-2743.
- Mahapatra, K., Mainali, B., Pardalis, G. (2018). Homeowners’ attitude towards one-stop-shop business concept for energy renovation of detached houses in Kronoberg, Sweden. 10th International Conference on Applied Energy (ICAE2018), 22-25 August 2018, Hong Kong, China.
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Dhakal, S., Srivastava, L., Sharma, B., Palit, D., Mainali, B., et al. (2019). Meeting Future Energy Needs in the Hindu Kush Himalaya. The Hindu Kush Himalaya Assessment : Mountains, Climate Change, Sustainability and People. Springer. 167-207.
- Mainali, B., Dhital, R.P. (2015). Isolated and Mini-Grid Solar PV Systems: An Alternative Solution for Providing Electricity Access in Remote Areas (Case Study from Nepal).. Solar Energy Storage. United Kingdom, Academic Press. 359-374.
- Silveira, S., Mainali, B., Khatiwada, D. (2011). Green energy for development in Nepal. The Road to Rio +20 : For a development-led green economy. New York and Geneva, United Nations, UNCTAD. 79-83.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Mainali, B., Mahapatra, K., Pardalis, G. (2018). Evaluating market models for deep-energy renovation using SWOT and PEST Analysis. 14th Conference on Advanced Building Skins, 28-29 October, 2018, Bern, Switzerland.
- Pardalis, G., Mainali, B., Mahapatra, K. (2018). One-stop-shop as an innovation, and preparedness to adopt it : A study on house renovation stakeholders in Sweden. . 567-569.