I am a senior lecturer in family focused nursing and research methods in nursing education. I am also working with education and research in a Palliative center for co-created care. My research interest falls within family centered research. I co-supervise four doctoral students with projects describing and exploring family well-being and functioning within the context of: chronic illness, families where one member has survived a cardiac arrest, families having gone through bariatric surgery, and families with a child with impairment.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Tryselius, K., Benzein, E., Persson, C. (2018). Ideas of home in palliative care research : a concept analysis. Nursing Forum. 53. 383-391.
- Årestedt, L., Persson, C., Ramgard, M., Benzein, E. (2018). Experiences of encounters with healthcare professionals through the lenses of families living with chronic illness. Journal of Clinical Nursing. 27. 836-847.
- Persson, C., Benzein, E., Årestedt, K. (2016). Assessing family resources : validation of the Swedish version of the Family Hardiness Index. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. 30. 845-855.
- Bylund, A., Årestedt, K., Benzein, E., Thorell, A., Persson, C. (2016). Assessment of family functioning : evaluation of the General Functioning Scale in a Swedish Bariatric Sample. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. 30. 614-622.
- Årestedt, L., Benzein, E., Persson, C., Rämgård, M. (2016). A shared respite : The meaning of place for family well-being in families living with chronic illness. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. 11.
- Benzein, E., Olin, C., Persson, C. (2015). ‘You put it all together’ : families' evaluation of participating in family health conversations. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. 29. 136-144.
- Årestedt, L., Persson, C., Benzein, E. (2015). Families Living With Chronic Illness : Beliefs About Illness, Family, and Health Care. Journal of Family Nursing. 21. 206-231.
- Årestedt, L., Persson, C., Benzein, E. (2014). Living as a family in the midst of chronic illness. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. 28. 29-37.
- Persson, C., Benzein, E. (2014). Family health conversations : how do they support health?. Nursing Research and Practice. Article ID: 547160.
- Israelsson, J., Persson, C., Strömberg, A., Årestedt, K. (2014). Is there a difference in survival between men and women suffering in-hospital cardiac arrest?. Heart & Lung. 43. 510-515.
- Bylund, A., Benzein, E., Persson, C. (2013). Creating a New Sense of We-ness : Family Functioning in Relation to Gastric Bypass Surgery. BARIATRIC SURGICAL PRACTICE AND PATIENT CARE. 8. 152-160.
- Ylvén, R., Granlund, M., Persson, C. (2012). Problem solving in relation to resources in everyday life in families of children with disabilities : a pilot study. International Journal of Rehabilitation Research. 35. 102-108.
- Pusa, S., Persson, C., Sundin, K. (2012). Significant others' lived experiences following a lung cancer trajectory : From diagnosis through and after the death of a family member.. European Journal of Oncology Nursing. 16. 34-41.
- Fritzell, K., Persson, C., Björk, J., Hultcrantz, R., Wettergren, L. (2010). Patients' views of surgery and surveillance for familial adenomatous polyposis.. Cancer Nursing. 33. E17-23.
- Östlund, U., Wennman-Larsen, A., Persson, C., Gustavsson, P., Wengström, Y. (2010). Mental health in significant others of patients dying from lung cancer.. Psycho-Oncology. 19. 29-37.
- Persson, C., Sundin, K. (2008). Being in the situation of a significant other to a person with inoperable lung cancer.. Cancer Nursing. 31. 380-8.
- Persson, C., Ostlund, U., Wennman-Larsen, A., Wengström, Y., Gustavsson, P. (2008). Health-related quality of life in significant others of patients dying from lung cancer.. Palliative Medicine : A Multiprofessional Journal. 22. 239-47.
- Persson, C., Wennman-Larsen, A., Sundin, K., Gustavsson, P. (2008). Assessing informal caregivers' experiences : a qualitative and psychometric evaluation of the Caregiver Reaction Assessment Scale.. European Journal of Cancer Care. 17. 189-99.
- Wennman-Larsen, A., Persson, C., Östlund, U., Wengström, Y., Gustavsson, J.P. (2008). Development in quality of relationship between the significant other and the lung cancer patient as perceived by the significant other.. European Journal of Oncology Nursing. 12. 430-5.
Article, review/survey (Refereed)
- Östlund, U., Persson, C. (2014). Examining Family Responses to Family Systems Nursing Interventions : An Integrative Review. Journal of Family Nursing. 20. 259-286.
Doctoral thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Persson, C. (2008). I skuggan av lungcancer - närståendes erfarenheter. Doctoral Thesis. Stockholm, Universitetsservice US-AB.