My research groups
Connections in Timber Structures Connections in Timber Structures is one of the research fields at the Department of Building Technology. We investigate the mechanical behaviour of connections at…
Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) is one of the newest research fields at the Department of Building Technology. It combines the broad, scientific knowledge from various…
Wood Building Technology The main direction of our research environment is wood building technology and applied mechanics. The research is to a large extent applied and is practised in close…
My ongoing research projects
Doctoral project: Building systems of CLT and concrete – modelling and requirements during design Structures that are primarily built in wood today are commonly combined with additional structural…
Project: Improving the competitive advantage of CLT-based building systems through engineering design and reduced carbon footprint The objective of this project is to increase the competitiveness of…
Article in journal (Refereed)
Larsson, C., Abdeljaber, O., Dorn, M. (2022). Dynamic Evaluation of a Nine-Story Timber-Concrete Hybrid Building during Construction. Engineering structures. 289.
Larsson, C., Abdeljaber, O., Bolmsvik, Å., Dorn, M. (2022). Long-term analysis of the environmental effects on the global dynamic properties of a hybrid timber-concrete building. Engineering structures. 268.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Amaddeo, C., Larsson, C., Abdeljaber, O., Finander, P., Dorn, M. (2024). Development of a modular data acquisition system for structural health monitoring. Vibroengineering Procedia.
- Dorn, M., Larsson, C., Amaddeo, C., Abdeljaber, O. (2023). Changes in eigenfrequencies of CLT elements due to a variation of ambient conditions. Experimental Mechanics in Engineering and Biomechanics : Proceedings ICEM 2020th International Conference on Experimental Mechanics, Porto 2-7 July 2023. 989-990.
- Larsson, C., Abdeljaber, O., Bader, T.K., Dorn, M. (2022). Modal Analysis and Finite Element Model Updating of a Timber-concrete Hyblrid Building. Proceedings of SHATIS 2022 : 6th International Conference on Structural Health Assessment of Timber Structures, 7-9 September 2022, Prague, 2022. 193-199.
- Dorn, M., Larsson, C., Abdeljaber, O. (2022). Coupling of Weather Data to Moisture content in an Timber Building. Proceedings of the SHATIS’22 : 6th International Conference on Structural Health Assessment of Timber Structures, 7-9 September 2022, Prague, 2022. 150-155.
Licentiate thesis, comprehensive summary (Other academic)
- Larsson, C. (2023). Timber-concrete hybrid structural systems : Examples, long and short-term dynamic monitoring, and numerical analysis. Licentiate Thesis. Linnaeus University Press. 39.