Clarinda is a Senior Lecturer of Marketing and Head of Retail and Service Management Programme at School of Business and Economics.
She is engaged in courses in sensory marketing, shopper marketing, integrated marketing communications and brand management and business relations. Her on-going research projects concern global sensory branding in the field of places, luxury and consumer goods. More especially, it has a focus in understanding the impact of multi-sensory brand experiences on both brand love and brand hate. Furthermore, her research aims at developing a framework for brand-building strategies from a sensory perspective.
She is member of the Sensory Marketing Research Group and the Sensory Studies Research Directory. She is also an experienced international marketing consultant and branding strategist, having worked in several firms before joining the Academia. Regular speaker at academic and business conferences about sensory branding and marketing.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Brandão, A., Sousa, J., Rodrigues, C. (2020). A Dynamic Approach to Brand Portfolio Audit and Brand Architecture Strategy. European Business Review. 32. 181-210.
- Rodrigues, C., Skinner, H., Dennis, C., Melewar, T.C. (2020). Towards a theoretical framework on sensorial place brand identity. Journal of Place Management and Development. 13. 273-295.
- Rodrigues, C., Brandao, A. (2020). Measuring the effects of retail brand experiences and brand love on word of mouth : a cross-country study of IKEA brand. International Review of Retail Distribution & Consumer Research. 1-28.
- Rodrigues, C., Brandão, A., Rodrigues, P. (2020). I can’t stop hating you : an anti-brand-community perspective on Apple brand hate. Journal of Product & Brand Management. 1-19.
- Rodrigues, C., Rodrigues, P. (2019). Brand love matters to Millennials : the relevance of mystery, sensuality and intimacy to neo-luxury brands. Journal of Product & Brand Management. 28. 830-848.
- Rodrigues, P., Brandao, A., Rodrigues, C. (2018). The importance of self in brand love in consumer-luxury brand relationships. Journal of Customer Behavior. 17. 189-210.
- Rodrigues, C., Hultén, B., Brito, C. (2011). Sensorial brand strategies for value co-creation. Innovative Marketing. 7. 40-47.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Rodrigues, C., Anisimova, T., Brandao, A., Rodrigues, P. (2018). Determinants and outcomes of brand hate : an anti-brand community perpective on strong negative brand emotions. Presented at the 47th EMAC Annual Conference: People make marketing, Glasgow, UK, May 29-June 1, 2018.
- Rodrigues, C., Rodrigues, P., Macedo, A.F., Baskaran, K. (2018). Eye tracking the impact of in-store sensory and price messages on visual attention and intended purchase behavior. Presented at the 13th Global Brand Conference, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, May 2-4, 2018.
- Rodrigues, C., Rodrigues, P., Billore, S., Oda, T. (2018). Role of brand experience and brand authenticity in creating brand love : a cross-cultural comparative study. 2018 Global Marketing Conference at Tokyo Proceedings. 1447-1447.
- Rodrigues, C., Rodrigues, P. (2017). IKEA Brand Love : enhancing brand love through brand experiences. Presented at the 5th International Consumer Brand Relationships Conference, Porto, Portugal, May 18-20, 2017.
- Rodrigues, C., Rodrigues, P. (2017). Antecedents to Brand Hate Among Generation Y : A Consumer Cross-Cultural Study. 10th Annual Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business : Global and national business theories and practice: bridging the past with the future. 1456-1464.
- Rodrigues, C., Rodrigues, P. (2017). Antecedents and outcomes of luxury brand love : a millennial consumer perspective. Conference Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing's Brand, Identity and Corporate Reputation Special Interest Group (SIG) : Linnaeus University, Kalmar - April 26-28, 2017. 370-378.
- Rodrigues, P., Rodrigues, C., Brandão, A., Costa, P. (2017). Luxury Consumer-Brand Relationships : The Importance of Self in Brand Love. 10th Annual Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business : Global and national business theories and practice: bridging the past with the future. 2217-2221.
- Rodrigues, C., Hultén, B. (2016). Brands that do good with brand aversion. Proceedings of the Academy of Marketing's Brand, Identity and Corporate Reputation Special Interest Group (SIG). 382-388.
- Rodrigues, C. (2016). Falling in love with a city : a sensory place branding framework. Conference proceedings of the Inaugural Conference of the International Place Branding Association : Middlesex University, London - December 7-9, 2016. 87-87.
- Rodrigues, C., Hultén, B. (2014). Brand sensuality : does it affect brand experiences?. .
- Rodrigues, C., Hultén, B., Brito, C. (2011). Multi-sensory brand-experience : towards a strategic sensorial approach. .
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Rodrigues, C. (2018). Multisensory brand communications : capturing the hearts and minds of consumers. Brand touchpoints. Nova Science Publishers, Inc.. 115-140.
- Rodrigues, C. (2018). The Destination Branding through Multisensory Experiences : Case Studies from Sweden. The Branding of Tourist Destinations : Theoretical and Empirical Insights. Bingley, Emerald Group Publishing Limited. 61-82.
- Rodrigues, C. (2018). Multisensory brand experiences and brand love : myth or reality?. Driving customer appeal through the use of emotional branding. IGI Global. 1-21.
- Rodrigues, C. (2018). Branding Porto : An Authentic-Based Approach to Place Identity Theory. Strategic Perspectives in Destination Marketing. Hershey, IGI Global. 198-219.
Article in journal (Other academic)
- Roper, S., Iglesias, O., Rodrigues, C. (2019). Sensory Branding : Special Issue following the 12th Global Brand Conference, Linnaeus University, Sweden. Journal of Business Research. 96. 340-342.
Chapter in book (Other academic)
- Rodrigues, C., Brandão, A.M.P.D.C., Macedo, A.F., Baskaran, K. (2020). An eye tracking study of the effect of sensory and price in-store displays. Emotional, sensory, and social dimensions of consumer buying behavior. Hershey, PA, USA, IGI Global. 23-49.
- Rodrigues, C., Hultén, B. (2014). Marketing sensorial : o marketing dos sentidos. Novos horizontes do marketing. Alfragide, Dom Quixote. 100-116.
Doctoral thesis, monograph (Other academic)
Manuscript (preprint) (Other academic)
- Hultén, B., Rodrigues, C., Brito, C. Sensorial Brand Strategies for Co-Creation of Value In a B2B and B2C Context.