Senior Lecturer at the Department of Design. Current research looks at the intersections of politics and technology, with a focus on infrastructures of power and forms of intervention. Recent work includes the co-edited volume Executing Practices (Open Humanities Press) and a PhD dissertation, Executions: Power and Expression in Networked and Computational Media.
Upcoming publications and talks:
"Burn, Dream and Reboot! Speculating backwards for the missing archive on non-coercive computing". Workshop with Helen Pritchard, Romi Morrison and Loren Britton at ACM FAT* 2020 (CRAFT: Critiquing and Rethinking Accountability, Fairness and Transparency) conference. Barcelona, Spain, 27-30 January 2020. https://fatconference.org/2020/acceptedcraftsessions.html
"Units of Expression". Talk for Aarhus University's Aesthetic Seminar Series. Aarhus, Denmark, 21 Nov 2019. http://cc.au.dk/en/news-and-events/events/event/artikel/eric-snodgrass-units-of-expression
"Risk analysis: Frontex's analytics of domination". Talk for Digital Fortress Europe conference. Brussels, Belgium, 30-31 Oct 2019. https://www.ecreadmm.com/
"Executing Uncertainties". Chapter written with Critical Software Thing for Uncertain Archives (MIT Press). Forthcoming
BA Design + Change: Sustainability & Creativity—Design with a species; 2D Design—Identity systems; Technologies and Energies; Design Processes—Time; Design & Power; Independent Thesis Project
MA Design: Design Project—Transdisciplinary Design
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Snodgrass, E., Winnie, S. (2019). API Practices and paradigms : Exploring the protocological parameters of APIs as key facilitators of sociotechnical forms of exchange. First Monday. 24.
- Keshavarz, M., Snodgrass, E. (2018). Orientations of Europe : Boats, the Mediterranean Sea and the Materialities of Contemporary Mobility Regimes. Borderlands e-journal. 17. 1-27.
- Snodgrass, E. (2014). Dusk to dawn : horizons of the digital/post-digital. A Peer-Reviewed Journal About. 3.
- Ståhl, Å., Lindström, K., Snodgrass, E. (2014). Staying with, working through and performing obsolescence. Acoustic Space Journal. 12. 243-253.
Conference paper (Refereed)
Chapter in book (Refereed)
Chapter in book (Other academic)
Doctoral thesis, monograph (Other academic)
- Snodgrass, E. (2017). Executions : Power and Expression in Networked and Computational Media. Doctoral Thesis. Malmö, Malmö University. 332.