Senior Lecturer at the Department of Design with an interest in practices that work to imagine, materialise and sustain forms of change. This has involved research on the intersections of politics and technology, with a specific focus on infrastructures of power and resistance.
Current research includes Regenerative Energy Communities, a 3-year project funded by the Swedish Energy Agency. The project explores how alternative paradigms and approaches to energy might emerge through creative and collective experimentation with energy prototypes in local regenerative farming communities.
Recent publications include "Tending to 2030 m3: How to regenerate regeneration? How to unasphalt asphalt?", with Helen Pritchard, Miranda Moss and Daniel Gustafsson, in the book Plants by Numbers: Art, Computation, and Queer Feminist Technoscience (2023), and "Legislative arts: interplays of art and law" (2022), with Amin Parsa in the Journal of Aesthetics & Culture.
BA Design + Change: Sustainability & Creativity—Design with a species; 2D Design—Identity systems; Speculative Design—Technologies and Energies; Design Processes—Time; Design & Power; Independent Thesis Project
MA Design: Design Project—Transdisciplinary Design
Article in journal (Refereed)
Parsa, A., Snodgrass, E. (2022). Legislative arts : interplays of art and law. Journal of Aesthetics and Culture. 14 (1).
Snodgrass, E., Winnie, S. (2019). API Practices and paradigms : Exploring the protocological parameters of APIs as key facilitators of sociotechnical forms of exchange. First Monday. 24 (2).
Keshavarz, M., Snodgrass, E. (2018). Orientations of Europe : Boats, the Mediterranean Sea and the Materialities of Contemporary Mobility Regimes. Borderlands e-journal. 17 (2). 1-27.
Snodgrass, E. (2014). Dusk to dawn : horizons of the digital/post-digital. A Peer-Reviewed Journal About. 3 (1).
Ståhl, Å., Lindström, K., Snodgrass, E. (2014). Staying with, working through and performing obsolescence. Acoustic Space Journal. 12. 243-253.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Pritchard, H., Snodgrass, E., Morrison, R.R., Britton, L., Moll, J. (2020). Burn, Dream and Reboot!. FAT* '20 : PROCEEDINGS OF THE 2020 CONFERENCE ON FAIRNESS, ACCOUNTABILITY, AND TRANSPARENCY. 683-683.
- Keshavarz, M., Snodgrass, E., Ståhl, O. (2015). Manipulations : Artefact - Site - Space. Nordic Design Research Conference (NORDES) 2015 : Design Ecologies Challenging anthropocentrism in the design of sustainable futures, June 7–10, 2015, Konstfack, Stockholm, Sweden. 1-2.
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Pritchard, H., Snodgrass, E., Moss, M., Gustafsson, D. (2023). Tending to 2030 m3: How to regenerate regeneration? How to unasphalt asphalt?. Plants by Numbers: Art, Computation, and Queer Feminist Technoscience. Bloomsbury Academic.
- Samson, A., Muldtofte, L., Soon, W., Snodgrass, E., Gallardo, F. (2018). Execution. Posthuman Glossary. London, Bloomsbury Academic. 141-145.
Chapter in book (Other academic)
Doctoral thesis, monograph (Other academic)
- Snodgrass, E. (2017). Executions : Power and Expression in Networked and Computational Media. Doctoral Thesis. Malmö, Malmö University. 332.