Fisnik Dalipi currently works as associate professor of Informatics at the Department of Informatics of Linnaeus University (LNU). Besides, he also holds the title associate professor in information systems from the University of South-Eastern Norway, where he was previously working. Dr. Dalipi has been supervising students at different academic levels and has been involved in the development and curriculum preparation at bachelor and master level. He is actively serving as a program committee member and reviewer in many international conferences, workshops and journals.
Fisnik is currently involved in teaching for the following courses:
- Introduction to data analytics - 1ik172 (BSc)
- Web management - 1ik425 (BSc)
- Development of web-based applications - 1ik163 (BSc)
- Object oriented analysis and process modeling - 1ik003 (BSc)
- Systemic perspectives on digital transformation - 5ik505 (MSc)
Previously, he was teaching the courses:
- Introduction to object oriented programming - 1ik143 (BSc),
- Data structures, databases and graphical user interfaces with OOP languages - 1ik153 (BSc)
- IS/IT for organising, communicating and coordinating II - 5ik501 (MSc)
Fisnik has participated in projects funded by Swedish Knowledge Foundation, Norwegian Research Council, the Regional Research Council of Norway and EU Horizon. His current research interest revolves around learning technologies, MOOC, information security, user experience and applied artificial intelligence.
My research groups
Interaction Design Research Group Interaction Design Research Group is an interdisciplinary team, addressing current societal and industrial challenges using ICT solutions through applied research…
Linnaeus University Systems Community (LNU-STC) Linnaeus University Systems Community emphasizes Systems Thinking in research, education and practice. The community is part of the Linnaeus Knowledge…
My ongoing research projects
Project: APPEND – Digital Product Passport to Revolutionize the Furniture Industry The purpose of this project is to design, develop, and validate a DPP (Digital Product Passport) prototype within the…
Project: Edutain The projects aim at incorporating emergent technologies such as Augmented Reality (AR) in schools to achieve sustainable learning experience. Also, this project will enable…
Project: Extending design thinking with emerging digital technologies (Exten.D.T.2) The core ideas of the project rest on the assumption that design thinking combined with emerging technologies such…
Project: Forest 4.0 The objective of the Forest 4.0 project is to establish a Centre of Excellence (CoE) to transform the forest environment monitoring, data acquisition, and analysis. The aim is to…
Project: Language in the Human-Machine Era (LITHME) The research project Language In The Human-Machine Era (LITHME) is intended to establish the scope of emerging technologies and prepare linguistics…
Project: Next Generation of Trustworthy Agri-Data Management - EnTrust EnTrust brings together 16 leading research institutions and enterprise from 5 different countries across Europe to establish a…
Project: Recasting best practices of European universities (RAPID) RAPID aims to strengthen online education in Pakistan by replicating the best practices in distance learning during pandemic at…
Project: STEFORA – STEM For ALL The aim of this EU-funded project is to to decrease inequality in STEM Education.
Project: Transforming the Kosovo and Albanian Education System by Introducing DigItal Technology in Teacher Education (IGNITE) An EU project that will analyse the learning path of IT related subjects…
Seed project: Mitigating Health Inequalities in the Kronoberg Region - A Transdisciplinary System Thinking Approach The main objective for this seed project within the Knowledge environment Digital…
My completed research projects
Article in journal (Refereed)
Rustemi, A., Dalipi, F., Atanasovski, V., Risteski, A. (2023). A Systematic Literature Review on Blockchain-Based Systems for Academic Certificate Verification. IEEE Access. 11. 64679-64696.
Krasniqi, V., Zdravkova, K., Dalipi, F. (2022). Impact of Assistive Technologies to Inclusive Education and Independent Life of Down Syndrome Persons : A Systematic Literature Review and Research Agenda. Sustainability. 14 (8).
Meyns, S.C., Dalipi, F. (2022). What users tweet on NFTs : mining Twitter to understand NFT-related concerns using a topic modeling approach. IEEE Access. 10. 117658-117680.
Dalipi, F., Jokela, P., Kastrati, Z., Kurti, A., Elm, P. (2022). Going digital as a result of COVID-19 : Insights from students’ and teachers’ impressions in a Swedish university. International Journal of Educational Research Open. 3.
Skagne, F., Dalipi, F. (2022). Understanding the Importance of Information Systems Implementation in Organization’s Effectiveness : A Comparative Study on Two Swedish Organizations. Journal of Information Systems and Technology Management. 19.
Zdravkova, K., Dalipi, F., Krasniqi, V. (2022). Remote Education Trajectories for Learners with Special Needs During the Covid-19 Outbreak : An Accessibility Analysis of the Learning Platforms. International Journal : Emerging Technologies in Learning. 17 (21). 89-122.
Kastrati, Z., Dalipi, F., Shariq Imran, A., Pireva Nuci, K., Ahmad Wani, M. (2021). Sentiment Analysis of Students’ Feedback with NLP and Deep Learning : A Systematic Mapping Study. Applied Sciences. 11 (9).
Uddin Ahmed, S., Dalipi, F., Aasnæs, S. (2019). Open Data Based Digital Platform for Regional Growth and Development in Norway : A Heuristic Evaluation of the User Interface. International Journal On Advances in Software. 12 (3&4). 239-248.
Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y., Gebremedhin, A. (2016). Data-Driven Machine Learning Model in District Heating System for Heat Load Prediction : A Comparison Study. Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing.
Yildirim-Yayilgan, S., Du, Y., Dalipi, F., Jeppesen, J.C. (2016). A New Ski Injury Registration System Architecture Using Mobile Applications to Enhance Skiing Safety. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM). 10 (4).
Article, review/survey (Refereed)
Zdravkova, K., Krasniqi, V., Dalipi, F., Ferati, M. (2022). Cutting-edge communication and learning assistive technologies for disabled children : An artificial intelligence perspective. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence. Frontiers Media S.A.. 5.
Dalipi, F., Zdravkova, K., Ahlgren, F. (2021). Sentiment Analysis of Students’ Feedback in MOOCs : A Systematic Literature Review. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence. Frontiers Media S.A.. 4.
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Abraham, D., Yildirim Yayilgan, S., Abomhara, M., Gebremedhin, A., Dalipi, F. (2022). Security and Privacy issues in IoT based Smart Grids : A case study in a digital substation. Holistic Approach for Decision Making Towards Designing Smart Cities. Switzerland, Springer. 57-74.
- Ferati, M., Bertoni, M., Dalipi, F., Kurti, A., Jokela, P., et al. (2021). Tackling the Sustainability of Digital Aging Innovations Through Design Thinking and Systems Thinking Perspectives. ICT for Health, Accessibility and Wellbeing : First International Conference, IHAW 2021, Larnaca, Cyprus, November 8–9, 2021, Revised Selected Papers. Springer. 179-184.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Kastrati, Z., Kurti, A., Dalipi, F., Ferati, M. (2023). Leveraging Topic Modeling to Investigate Learning Experience and Engagement of MOOC Completers. Methodologies and Intelligent Systems for Technology Enhanced Learning, 13th International Conference : 13th International Conference. MIS4TEL 2023. 54-64.
- Dalipi, F., Kastrati, Z., Öberg, T. (2023). The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Tourism Sustainability : A Systematic Mapping Review. 2023 International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Knowledge Economy (ICCIKE), Dubai, United Arab Emirates. 119-125.
- Magnusson, L., Dalipi, F., Elm, P. (2023). Cybersecurity Compliance in the Public Sector : Are the Best Security Practices Properly Addressed?. HCI International 2023 Posters. HCII 2023 : 25th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, HCII 2023, Copenhagen, Denmark, July 23–28, 2023, Proceedings, Part IV. 219-226.
- Abualrob, M., Ewais, A., Dalipi, F., Awaad, T. (2023). Utilizing Augmented Reality to Enhance Twenty-First Century Skills in Chemistry Education. 2023 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), Kuwait. 1-6.
- Amerian, I., Dalipi, F. (2022). Data Driven Transformation Journey through Data Democracy : A Case Study of a Swedish Bank. Proceedings of the 15th IADIS international conference, Inforamtion system 2022 : 12-14 March 2022. 65-72.
- Dalipi, F., Ferati, M., Kurti, A., Kastrati, Z. (2022). Investigating the FAIRness of Science and Technology Open Data : A Focus in the Scandinavian Countries. HCI International 2022 Posters. HCII 2022. : 24th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, HCII 2022, Virtual Event, June 26 – July 1, 2022, Proceedings, Part I. 276-283.
- Kurti, A., Dalipi, F., Ferati, M., Kastrati, Z. (2021). Increasing the Understandability and Explainability of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Solutions : A Design Thinking Approach. Human Interaction, Emerging Technologies and Future Applications : Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Human Interaction and Emerging Technologies: Future Applications (IHIET – AI 2021), April 28-30, 2021, Strasbourg, France. 37-42.
- Rääf, S.A., Knöös, J., Dalipi, F., Kastrati, Z. (2021). Investigating Learning Experience of MOOCs Learners Using Topic Modeling and Sentiment Analysis. 19th International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training (ITHET). 1-7.
- Björklund, P., Fridebo, J., Dalipi, F. (2020). Exploring the Impact of Mob Programming on the Well-Being of the Developers : Insights from a Software Company. Proceedings of the NOKOBIT conference 24-25th of November 2020.
- Ferati, M., Dalipi, F., Kastrati, Z. (2020). Open Government Data Through the Lens of Universal Design. Universal Access in Human-Computer Interaction. Applications and Practice : 14th International Conference, UAHCI 2020, Held as Part of the 22nd HCI International Conference, HCII 2020, Copenhagen, Denmark, July 19–24, 2020, Proceedings, Part II. 331-340.
- Salah Uddin, A., Aasnæs, S., Dalipi, F., Hesten, K. (2019). Analytics-driven digital platform for regional growth and development : a case study from Norway. ICDS 2019, The Thirteenth International Conference on Digital Society and eGovernments. 56-62.
- Ahmed, S.U., Dalipi, F., Ferati, M. (2019). Plugin : a Crowdsourcing Mobile App for Easy Discovery of Public Charging Outlets. HCI International 2019 : Posters. HCII 2019. 323-329.
- Imran, A.S., Dalipi, F., Kastrati, Z. (2019). Predicting Student Dropout in a MOOC : An Evaluation of a Deep Neural Network Model. Proceedings of the 2019 5th International Conference on Computing and Artificial Intelligence. 190-195.
- Dalipi, F., Ferati, M., Kurti, A. (2018). Integrating MOOCs in Regular Higher Education : Challenges and Opportunities from a Scandinavian Perspective. Learning and Collaboration Technologies : Design, Development and Technological Innovation. LCT 2018. 193-204.
- Dalipi, F., Imran, A.S., Kastrati, Z. (2018). MOOC Dropout Prediction Using Machine Learning Techniques : Review and Research Challenges. Proceedings of 2018 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON) - Emerging Trends and Challenges of Engineering Education. 1007-1014.
- Dalipi, F., Imran, A.S., Idrizi, F., Aliu, H. (2017). An Analysis of Learner Experience with MOOCs in Mobile and Desktop Learning Environment. Learning and Collaboration Technologies. LCT 2016. 393-402.
- Idrizi, F., Rustemi, A., Dalipi, F. (2017). A new modified sorting algorithm : A comparison with state of the art. 2017 6th Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing (MECO). 419-424.
- Dalipi, F., Kurti, A., Zdravkova, K., Ahmedi, L. (2017). Rethinking the conventional learning paradigm towards MOOC based flipped classroom learning. 16th International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training (ITHET), 10-12 June, 2017, Ohrid, Macedonia.
- Dalipi, F., Idrizi, F., Kurti, A. (2017). Exploring the Impact of Social Learning Networks in M-Learning : a Case Study in a University Environment. Learning and Collaboration Technologies Novel Learning Ecosystems : 4th International Conference, LCT 2017, Held as Part of HCI International 2017, Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 9-14, 2017, Proceedings, Part I. 189-198.
- Dalipi, F., Ferati, M., Yayilgan, S.Y. (2017). User Interface Evaluation of a Ski Injuries Management System. Advances in Human Factors in Sports and Outdoor Recreation. 213-222.
- Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y., Imran, A.S., Kastrati, Z. (2016). Towards Understanding the MOOC Trend : Pedagogical Challenges and Business Opportunities. Learning and Collaboration Technologies. LCT 2016.. 281-291.
- Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y. (2016). Security and Privacy Considerations for IoT Application on Smart Grids : Survey and Research Challenges. 2016 IEEE 4th International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud Workshops (FiCloudW). 63-68.
- Imran, A.S., Pireva, K., Dalipi, F., Kastrati, Z. (2016). An Analysis of Social Collaboration and Networking Tools in eLearning. Learning and Collaboration Technologies. LCT 2016. 332-343.
- Dalipi, F., Mendoza, D.M.A., Imran, A.S., Yayilgan, S.Y. (2015). An intelligent model for predicting the occurrence of skiing injuries. 2015 5th National Symposium on Information Technology: Towards New Smart World (NSITNSW),. 1-6.
- Kastrati, Z., Imran, A.S., Yildirim-Yayilgan, S., Dalipi, F. (2015). Analysis of Online Social Networks Posts to Investigate Suspects Using SEMCON. Social Computing and Social Media. SCSM 2015. 148-157.
- Pireva, K., Imran, A. .S., Dalipi, F. (2015). User behaviour analysis on LMS and MOOC. 2015 IEEE Conference on e-Learning, e-Management and e-Services (IC3e). 21-26.
- Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y. (2015). The impact of environmental factors to skiing injuries : Bayesian regularization neural network model for predicting skiing injuries. 2015 6th International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT). 1-6.
- Yayilgan, S.Y., Du, Y., Dalipi, F., Jeppesen, J. (2015). A novel system architecture for efficient management of skiing injuries. Proceedings of 2015 International Conference on Interactive Mobile Communication Technologies and Learning, IMCL 2015, December 2015. 73-77.
- Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y., Gebremedhin, A. (2015). A Cloud Computing Framework for Smarter District Heating Systems. 2015 IEEE 12th Intl Conf on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing and 2015 IEEE 12th Intl Conf on Autonomic and Trusted Computing and 2015 IEEE 15th Intl Conf on Scalable Computing and Communications and Its Associated Workshops (UIC-ATC-ScalCom). 1413-1416.
- Yayilgan, S.Y., Arntzen, A.A., Stavseng, G.H., Ljubicic, M., Solvang, B., et al. (2015). Knowledge, Technology and Innovation (KTI) : Opportunities, issues and challenges of KTI transfer between Norway and the Balkans countries. 2015 International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training (ITHET). 1-7.
- Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y., Gebremedhin, A. (2015). A machine learning approach to increase energy efficiency in district heating systems. Environmental Engineering and Computer Application : Proceedings of the International Conference on Environmental Engineering and Computer Application, ICEECA 2014. 223-226.
- Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y., Kastrati, Z. (2015). Enhancing the Learner’s Performance Analysis Using SMEUS Semantic E-learning System and Business Intelligence Technologies. Learning and Collaboration Technologies. LCT 2015. 208-217.
- Dalipi, F., Idrizi, F., Rufati, E., Asani, F. (2014). On Integration of Ontologies into E-Learning Systems. 2014 Sixth International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks (CICSyN). 149-152.
- Dalipi, F., Ninka, I., Shej, A. (2012). Applying semantically adapted vector space model to enhance information retrieval. ICT Innovations 2012 Web Proceedings : Poster Session. 573-575.
- Dika, A., Bilali, K., Dalipi, F. (2012). Implementing and using new e-testing system to increase the effectiveness of learning in primary schools of Macedonia. 2012 International Conference on Education and e-Learning Innovations (ICEELI). 1-4.
- Dalipi, F., Idrizi, F., Kamberi, L. (2011). Determinants of e-business and ICT adoption among SMEs in Macedonia : An application of TOE Framework. International Symposium on Computing in Informatics and Mathematics; 1st International Symposium on Computing in Informatics and Mathematics. 111-124.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Kurti, A., Dalipi, F. (2017). Bridging the Gap between Academia and Industry : Lessons Learned from a Graduate IT Professional Development Program. Abstract Book : 2nd Annual International Conference on Engineering Education & Teaching, 5-8 June 2017, Athens, Greece. 27-27.
Report (Other academic)
- Sayers, D., Sousa-Silva, R., Höhn, S., Ahmedi, L., Allkivi-Metsoja, K., et al. (2021). The Dawn of the Human-Machine Era : A forecast of new and emerging language technologies. Finland, COST Association and European Commission (cost.eu). 75.