Fisnik Dalipi currently works as Senior Lecturer at the Department of Informatics at Linnaeus University (LNU). Previously, he has held the position of Associate Professor in Information Systems at the University of South-Eastern Norway, and two postdoctoral fellowships in computer science, at LNU in Sweden and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in Norway (NTNU), respectively. Before joining NTNU in 2014, he has more than 8 years experience working as informatics lecturer and researcher at three different countries, namely Tetovo University and St. Cyril and Methodius University from North Macedonia, University of Novi Sad in Serbia, and Tirana University in Albania. He holds a PhD in Informatics from the University of Tirana (2013), a master degree in Business Information Management from the Free University of Brussels-VUB and Solvay Brussels School (2008), and a bachelor degree in Informatics from the University of St. Cyril and Methodius in Skopje (2004). Dr. Dalipi has been supervising students at different academic levels and has been involved in the development and curriculum preparation at bachelor and master level. He is actively serving as a program committee member and reviewer in many international conferences, workshops and journals.
Fisnik is responsible for the following courses:
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming - 1ik143 (BSc)
- IS/IT for Organizing, Communicating and Coordinating II - 5ik501 (MSc)
He is also involved in teaching for the course Object Oriented Analysis and Process Modeling - 1ik003 (BSc)
He has participated in projects funded by Swedish Knowledge Foundation, Norwegian Research Council, the Regional Research Council of Norway and EU Horizon 2020. His current research interest revolves around learning technologies, MOOC, information security, user experience and applied artificial intelligence.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y., Gebremedhin, A. (2016). Data-Driven Machine Learning Model in District Heating System for Heat Load Prediction : A Comparison Study. Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing.
- Yildirim-Yayilgan, S., Du, Y., Dalipi, F., Jeppesen, J.C. (2016). A New Ski Injury Registration System Architecture Using Mobile Applications to Enhance Skiing Safety. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM). 10.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Salah Uddin, A., Aasnæs, S., Dalipi, F., Hesten, K. (2019). Analytics-driven digital platform for regional growth and development : a case study from Norway. ICDS 2019, The Thirteenth International Conference on Digital Society and eGovernments. 56-62.
- Imran, A.S., Dalipi, F., Kastrati, Z. (2019). Predicting Student Dropout in a MOOC : An Evaluation of a Deep Neural Network Model. Proceedings of the 2019 5th International Conference on Computing and Artificial Intelligence. 190-195.
- Ahmed, S.U., Dalipi, F., Ferati, M. (2019). Plugin : a Crowdsourcing Mobile App for Easy Discovery of Public Charging Outlets. HCI International 2019 : Posters. HCII 2019. 323-329.
- Dalipi, F., Ferati, M., Kurti, A. (2018). Integrating MOOCs in Regular Higher Education : Challenges and Opportunities from a Scandinavian Perspective. Learning and Collaboration Technologies : Design, Development and Technological Innovation. LCT 2018. 193-204.
- Dalipi, F., Imran, A.S., Kastrati, Z. (2018). MOOC Dropout Prediction Using Machine Learning Techniques : Review and Research Challenges. Proceedings of 2018 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON) - Emerging Trends and Challenges of Engineering Education. 1007-1014.
- Dalipi, F., Imran, A.S., Idrizi, F., Aliu, H. (2017). An Analysis of Learner Experience with MOOCs in Mobile and Desktop Learning Environment. Learning and Collaboration Technologies. LCT 2016. 393-402.
- Idrizi, F., Rustemi, A., Dalipi, F. (2017). A new modified sorting algorithm : A comparison with state of the art. 2017 6th Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing (MECO). 419-424.
- Dalipi, F., Idrizi, F., Kurti, A. (2017). Exploring the Impact of Social Learning Networks in M-Learning : a Case Study in a University Environment. Learning and Collaboration Technologies Novel Learning Ecosystems : 4th International Conference, LCT 2017, Held as Part of HCI International 2017, Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 9-14, 2017, Proceedings, Part I. 189-198.
- Dalipi, F., Kurti, A., Zdravkova, K., Ahmedi, L. (2017). Rethinking the conventional learning paradigm towards MOOC based flipped classroom learning. 16th International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training (ITHET), 10-12 June, 2017, Ohrid, Macedonia.
- Dalipi, F., Ferati, M., Yayilgan, S.Y. (2017). User Interface Evaluation of a Ski Injuries Management System. Advances in Human Factors in Sports and Outdoor Recreation. 213-222.
- Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y., Imran, A.S., Kastrati, Z. (2016). Towards Understanding the MOOC Trend : Pedagogical Challenges and Business Opportunities. Learning and Collaboration Technologies. LCT 2016.. 281-291.
- Imran, A.S., Pireva, K., Dalipi, F., Kastrati, Z. (2016). An Analysis of Social Collaboration and Networking Tools in eLearning. Learning and Collaboration Technologies. LCT 2016. 332-343.
- Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y. (2016). Security and Privacy Considerations for IoT Application on Smart Grids : Survey and Research Challenges. 2016 IEEE 4th International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud Workshops (FiCloudW). 63-68.
- Dalipi, F., Mendoza, D.M.A., Imran, A.S., Yayilgan, S.Y. (2015). An intelligent model for predicting the occurrence of skiing injuries. 2015 5th National Symposium on Information Technology: Towards New Smart World (NSITNSW),. 1-6.
- Kastrati, Z., Imran, A.S., Yildirim-Yayilgan, S., Dalipi, F. (2015). Analysis of Online Social Networks Posts to Investigate Suspects Using SEMCON. Social Computing and Social Media. SCSM 2015. 148-157.
- Pireva, K., Imran, A. .S., Dalipi, F. (2015). User behaviour analysis on LMS and MOOC. 2015 IEEE Conference on e-Learning, e-Management and e-Services (IC3e). 21-26.
- Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y. (2015). The impact of environmental factors to skiing injuries : Bayesian regularization neural network model for predicting skiing injuries. 2015 6th International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT). 1-6.
- Yayilgan, S.Y., Du, Y., Dalipi, F., Jeppesen, J. (2015). A novel system architecture for efficient management of skiing injuries. Proceedings of 2015 International Conference on Interactive Mobile Communication Technologies and Learning, IMCL 2015, December 2015. 73-77.
- Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y., Gebremedhin, A. (2015). A machine learning approach to increase energy efficiency in district heating systems. Environmental Engineering and Computer Application : Proceedings of the International Conference on Environmental Engineering and Computer Application, ICEECA 2014. 223-226.
- Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y., Gebremedhin, A. (2015). A Cloud Computing Framework for Smarter District Heating Systems. 2015 IEEE 12th Intl Conf on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing and 2015 IEEE 12th Intl Conf on Autonomic and Trusted Computing and 2015 IEEE 15th Intl Conf on Scalable Computing and Communications and Its Associated Workshops (UIC-ATC-ScalCom). 1413-1416.
- Dalipi, F., Yayilgan, S.Y., Kastrati, Z. (2015). Enhancing the Learner’s Performance Analysis Using SMEUS Semantic E-learning System and Business Intelligence Technologies. Learning and Collaboration Technologies. LCT 2015. 208-217.
- Yayilgan, S.Y., Arntzen, A.A., Stavseng, G.H., Ljubicic, M., Solvang, B., et al. (2015). Knowledge, Technology and Innovation (KTI) : Opportunities, issues and challenges of KTI transfer between Norway and the Balkans countries. 2015 International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training (ITHET). 1-7.
- Dalipi, F., Idrizi, F., Rufati, E., Asani, F. (2014). On Integration of Ontologies into E-Learning Systems. 2014 Sixth International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks (CICSyN). 149-152.
- Dalipi, F., Ninka, I., Shej, A. (2012). Applying semantically adapted vector space model to enhance information retrieval. ICT Innovations 2012 Web Proceedings : Poster Session. 573-575.
- Dika, A., Bilali, K., Dalipi, F. (2012). Implementing and using new e-testing system to increase the effectiveness of learning in primary schools of Macedonia. 2012 International Conference on Education and e-Learning Innovations (ICEELI). 1-4.
- Dalipi, F., Idrizi, F., Kamberi, L. (2011). Determinants of e-business and ICT adoption among SMEs in Macedonia : An application of TOE Framework. International Symposium on Computing in Informatics and Mathematics; 1st International Symposium on Computing in Informatics and Mathematics. 111-124.
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Kurti, A., Dalipi, F. (2017). Bridging the Gap between Academia and Industry : Lessons Learned from a Graduate IT Professional Development Program. Abstract Book : 2nd Annual International Conference on Engineering Education & Teaching, 5-8 June 2017, Athens, Greece. 27-27.