I am an Assistant Professor (Universitetslektor in Sweden and Senior Lecturer in UK) in the Department of Computer Science and Media Technology at the Linnaeus University in Kalmar, Sweden.
Before joining Linnaeus University, until October 2018, I worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Ryerson University with Dr. Ayse Bener as a team member of her Data Science Laboratory (DSL) with an IBM CAS project on applying Machine Learning techniques in prioritizing test cases in the context of software development and testing. Previously, I was working as a Research Scientist with a focus on the Big Data and Machine Learning at the Screaming Power Inc. I also worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Concordia University in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) under the supervision of Dr. Ferhat Khendek (Concordia) and Dr. Maria Toeroe (Ericsson Canada Inc, Montreal). I was a member of MAGIC team at Concordia/Ericsson.
In August 2015, I had PhD from Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Canada under the supervision of Dr. Naouel Moha and Dr. Yann-Gaël Guéhéneuc. My main research interests included Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Antipatterns and Quality of Service (QoS) for Service-based Systems (SBSs). I was a member of Ptidej Team and LATECE Lab.
Download my CV from here.
I teach the following course(s) at the Linnaeus University in the Department of Computer Science and Media Technology:
- 2DV608 Software Engineering - Design – 7.5 credits (Bachelor level) - Requirement Engineering module
- 4ME307 Internet Architectures – 7.5 credits (Master’s level)
- 1DV510 Technical Information and Communication – 7,5 credits (Bachelor level, examiner)
- 1DV527 The Web as an Application Platform – 7,5 credits (Bachelor level, Web APIs module)
- 1DT305 Introduction to Applied Internet of Things – 7,5 credits (open level)
My research interests include (but not limited to):
Software Engineering (SE)
Patterns and Antipatterns in SOAP Web service and RESTful APIs
Source Code Analysis and Natural Language Processing
Software Maintenance and Evolution
Software Architectural Quality
Requirements Engineering (RE)
Search-based Software Engineering (SBSE)
Internet of Things (IoT)
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Palma, F., Moha, N., Gueheneuc, Y. (2019). UniDoSA : The Unified Specification and Detection of Service Antipatterns. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. 45. 1024-1053.
- Palma, F., Gonzalez-Huerta, J., Founi, M., Moha, N., Tremblay, G., et al. (2017). Semantic analysis of RESTful APIs for the detection of linguistic patterns and antipatterns. International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems. 26. 1-37.
- Palma, F., Nayrolles, M., Moha, N., Guéhéneuc, Y., Baudry, B., et al. (2013). SOA Antipatterns : An Approach for their Specification and Detection. International journal of intelligent and cooperative information systems. 22.
- Tonella, P., Susi, A., Palma, F. (2013). Interactive requirements prioritization using a genetic algorithm. Information and Software Technology. 55. 173-187.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Svensson, R., Tatrous, A., Palma, F. (2020). Defining Design Patterns for IoT APIs. Software Architecture. ECSA 2020 : 14th European Conference, ECSA 2020 Tracks and Workshops, L'Aquila, Italy, September 14–18, 2020, Proceedings. 443-458.
- Petrillo, F., Merle, P., Palma, F., Moha, N., Guéhéneuc, Y. (2018). A lexical and semantical analysis on REST cloud computing APIs. Cloud Computing and Service Science. CLOSER 2017 : 7th International Conference, CLOSER 2017, Porto, Portugal, April 24–26, 2017, Revised Selected Papers. 308-332.
- Palma, F., Abdou, T., Bener, A., Maidens, J., Liu, S. (2018). An improvement to test case failure prediction in the context of test case prioritization. PROMISE'18 : Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Predictive Models and Data Analytics in Software Engineering. 80-89.
- Mustafiz, S., Palma, F., Toeroe, M., Khendek, F. (2016). A network service design and deployment process for NFV systems. 2016 IEEE 15th International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA). 131-139.
- Palma, F., Moha, N., Guéhéneuc, Y. (2015). Specification and detection of business process antipatterns. E-technologies : 6th International Conference, MCETECH 2015, Montréal, QC, Canada, May 12-15, 2015, Proceedings. 37-52.
- Palma, F., Gonzalez-Huerta, J., Moha, N., Guéhéneuc, Y., Tremblay, G. (2015). Are RESTful APIs well-designed? : Detection of their linguistic (anti)patterns. Service-oriented computing : 13th International Conference, ICSOC 2015, Goa, India, November 16-19, 2015, Proceedings. 171-187.
- Palma, F., Moha, N., Tremblay, G., Guéhéneuc, Y. (2014). Specification and Detection of SOA Antipatterns in Web Services. Software Architecture. ECSA 2014. 58-73.
- Palma, F., An, L., Khomh, F., Moha, N., Guéhéneuc, Y. (2014). Investigating the Change-Proneness of Service Patterns and Antipatterns. IEEE 7th International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing and Applications, SOCA 2014.
- Palma, F. (2014). Specification and Detection of SOA Antipatterns. 2014 IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution. 670-670.
- Palma, F., Dubois, J., Moha, N., Guéhéneuc, Y. (2014). Detection of REST Patterns and Antipatterns : A Heuristics-Based Approach. Service-Oriented Computing. ICSOC 2014. 230-244.
- Palma, F., Moha, N., Guéhéneuc, Y. (2013). Detection of Process Antipatterns : A BPEL Perspective. IEEE International Enterprise Distributed Object Computing Workshop, EDOC2013.
- Moha, N., Palma, F., Nayrolles, M., Joyen Conseil, B., Guéhéneuc, Y., et al. (2012). Specification and Detection of SOA Antipatterns. Service-Oriented Computing : 10th International Conference, ICSOC 2012, Shanghai, China, November 12-15, 2012. Proceedings.
- Palma, F., Farzin, H., Guéhéneuc, Y., Moha, N. (2012). Recommendation system for design patterns in software development : An DPR overview. 3rd International Workshop on Recommendation Systems for Software Engineering, RSSE 2012.
- Nayrolles, M., Palma, F., Moha, N., Guéhéneuc, Y. (2012). SODA : A Tool Support for the Detection of SOA Antipatterns. Service-Oriented Computing - ICSOC 2012 Workshops. ICSOC 2012. 451-455.
- Palma, F., Susi, A., Tonella, P. (2011). Using an SMT solver for interactive requirements prioritization. ESEC/FSE '11: Proceedings of the 19th ACM SIGSOFT symposium and the 13th European conference on Foundations of software engineering. 48-58.
- Tonella, P., Susi, A., Palma, F. (2010). Using Interactive GA for Requirements Prioritization. SSBSE '10: Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Search Based Software Engineering. 57-66.
Article, review/survey (Refereed)
- Sabir, F., Palma, F., Rasool, G., Gueheneuc, Y., Moha, N. (2019). A systematic literature review on the detection of smells and their evolution in object-oriented and service-oriented systems. Software, practice & experience. Wiley-Blackwell. 49. 3-39.
Doctoral thesis, monograph (Other academic)
- Palma, F. (2015). Unifying Service Oriented Technologies for the Specification and Detection of Their Antipatterns. Doctoral Thesis. Montreal, University of Montreal. 156.
Patent (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
- Mustafiz, S., Palma, F., Toeroe, M., Khendek, F. (2018). A Network Service Design and Deployment Process for NFV Systems.