Frantzeska Papadopoulou is an Senior Lecturer of law in the Department of Accounting, Logistics and Business Law. Frantzeska defended her doctorate thesis in March 2014 in civil law with special focus on intellectual property law. Her doctorate thesis analysed the challenges of the mutual implementation of the TRIPS Agreement and the Convention on Biological Diversity. Under the framework of the doctorate thesis, Frantzeska developed a theoretical model combining Rawls’ theory of justice with the efficiency doctrine of the Coase Theorem. As a post-doc researcher she has worked on a project financed by Cassel Institution, related to the modern challenges faced by pharmaceutical patents, such as the supplementary protection certificate, Bolar exception and the unitary patent. In her research she investigates in particular the evolution of IP protection on the international level. Frantzeska has been teaching in Sweden, Finland and Greece both on undergraduate and post-graduate level. She teaches mostly in intellectual property, market law and commercial law.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Papadopoulou, F. (2016). Access and commercial exploitation of PSI (Public Sector Information) and copyright protection : Two parallel universes or simply the big bang?. NIR : Nordiskt immateriellt rättsskydd. 5. 505-532.
- Papadopoulou, F. (2016). Legal Transplants and Modern Lawmaking in the Field of Pharmaceutical Patents : A Way to Achieve International Harmonisation or the Source of Deeper Divergences. IIC-International Review of Industrial Property and Copyright Law. 47. 891-911.
- Papadopoulou, F. (2016). Supplementary Protection Certificates : still a grey area?. Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice. 11. 372-381.
- Papadopoulou, F. (2015). Construction and enforceability of Swiss-type claims : The myth lives on?. NIR : Nordiskt immateriellt rättsskydd. 479-494.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Papadopoulou, F. (2016). The advent of regulatory systems in life sciences? Emerging exclusive rights growing outside the scope of the traditional IP system. European Intellectual Policy and Law, Oxford 5-7e september 2016.
- Papadopoulou, F. (2016). When the Gastronomic Food of the French meets turkish coffee : EU Regulatory Framework for the protection of foodstuff. Food and Heritage Conference, Montreal 14th June 2016.
- Papadopoulou, F. (2016). Nagoya Protocl and EU Implementation from a South Africa perspective. UNISA Conference Rights to TKGR.
Chapter in book (Refereed)
- Papadopoulou, F. (2011). Human Rights and IP. Intellectual Property Rights in a Fair Trade World System : Proposals for Reform of TRIPS. Cheltenhamn, Edward Elgar Publishing. 237-270.
- Papadopoulou, F. (2007). Own image rights in Greece and France. Own Image protection : a pan-European overview. Stockholm, Jure.
Chapter in book (Other academic)
- Papadopoulou, F. (2016). The unified patent system : A modern EU law construction or a new learnean hydra?. Liber Amicorum Jan Rosén. Gotland, eddy.se. 627-636.