I am a PhD student in Health Science at the Department of Health and Caring Sciences. Overall, my dissertation work is about Information and Communication Technology-based support for informal carers of older persons.
As a PhD student I am affiliated to SWEAH, National Graduate School on Ageing and Health. As a background, I am a sociologist and social worker and have previously worked as a needs assessor in the municipality and with research and development work concerning the social services. In recent years I have been working at the Swedish Family Care Competence Centre, SFCCC.
Demographic changes with a growing aging population combined with fiscal constraints and changes in public care puts more responsibility on informal carers. Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is seen both internationally and nationally as a potential way of meeting the challenges and provide support to carers.
My thesis work is based on two major projects; the EU-funded INNOVAGE (Social Innovation Promoting Active and Healthy Ageing) project and the ICT4SelfCare research program funded by the Swedish National Science Council and the Swedish Research Council for Health, Working life and Welfare. INNOVAGE has now ended, but was led by the Italian Aging Centre (INRCA) in Italy and in collaboration with the NGO, Eurocarers and Swedish Family Care Competence Centre.
The INNOVAGE project consisted of researching, developing and testing a web platform for informal caregivers across 27 EU Member States (27 countries because Croatia was not formally a member of EU at the commencement of the project). ICT4SelfCare is led by Anna Strömberg, professor at Linköping University in collaboration with, among others, Linnaeus University and Elizabeth Hanson, Professor, and Lennart Magnusson, Associate Professor.
The program consists of 7 different projects, of which the project I am involved in is about research and development of a support program for carers of people with Heart Failure.
Article in journal (Refereed)
- Andréasson, F., Aidemark, J., Magnusson, L., Strömberg, A., Hanson, E. (2019). Lifeworld in co-designing with informal carers. Journal of Enabling Technologies. 13. 29-39.
- Andréasson, F., Andreasson, J., Hanson, E. (2018). Developing a carer identity and negotiating everyday life through social networking sites : An explorative study on identity constructions in an online Swedish carer community. Ageing & Society. 38. 2304-2324.
- Barbabella, F., Poli, A., Hanson, E., Andréasson, F., Salzmann, B., et al. (2018). Usage and Usability of a Web-based Program for Family Caregivers of Older People in Three European Countries : A Mixed-Methods Evaluation. Computers, Informatics, Nursing. 36. 232-241.
- Barbabella, F., Poli, A., Andréasson, F., Salzmann, B., Papa, R., et al. (2016). A web-based psychosocial intervention for family caregivers of older people : results from a mixed-methods study in three European countries. JMIR Research Protocols. 5. 1-16.
- Efthymiou, A., Vlachogiann, A., Nika, A., Barbabella, F., Poli, A., et al. (2015). Web services for Greek informal carers. Hellenic Journal of Nuclear Medicine. 18. 51-53.
- Andréasson, F., Hanson, E., Lancioni, C., Papa, R., Barbabella, F., et al. (2015). The INNOVAGE-Eurocarers platform and current ICT-based services for informal carers of older people in Sweden. Irish Ageing Studies Review. 6. 88-88.
- Barbabella, F., Lancioni, C., Andréasson, F., Papa, R., Poli, A., et al. (2015). How web-based services can support family carers of older people : New ways to promote social inclusion and quality of life. Irish Ageing Studies Review. 6. 87-87.
Conference paper (Refereed)
- Andréasson, F., Andreasson, J., Hanson, E. (2017). Developing a Carer Identity and Negotiating Everyday Life Through Social Networking Sites. Poster presented at: IAGG 2017.
- Andréasson, F., Hanson, E., Poli, A., Barbabella, F., Lancioni, C., et al. (2016). The use of on-line social network and services by family carers with high digital skills : The case of the Swedish sample. .
- Andréasson, F., Hanson, E., Lancioni, C., Papa, R., Barbabella, F., et al. (2015). Online support for carers : using a social forum and social network as a means of developing the role of informal caregiving. .
- Andréasson, F., Hanson, E., Lancioni, C., Papa, R., Barbabella, F., et al. (2015). The INNOVAGE-Eurocarers platform and current ICT-based services for informal carers of older people in Sweden. .
- Barbabella, F., Efthymiou, A., Poli, A., Lancioni, C., Andréasson, F., et al. (2015). A multilingual web platform supporting informal carers in 27 EU member states. Broader, bigger, better: AAL solutions for Europe. Proceedings of the 6th AAL Forum 2014. 169-172.
- Andréasson, F., Broling, L. (2015). Enhanced participation, safety and security for older people and their carers with health supportive e-services. .
Conference paper (Other academic)
- Lamura, G., Barbabella, F., Poli, A., Hanson, E., Döhner, H., et al. (2016). Web-based support services for family carers of older people in Europe : the InformCare platform. .
Report (Other academic)
- Lindqvist, G., Magnusson, L., Andréasson, F., Broling, L., Hanson, E. (2015). Slutrapport SAFE, Steg 1. Utmaningsdriven innovation: Hälso- och sjukvård : Ökad delaktighet och inflytande, trygghet och säkerhet för äldre och deras anhöriga med hälsostödjande e-tjänster.. VINNOVA. 14.
- Krispinsson, M., Andréasson, F. (2010). Kommunernas framtida hjälpmedelsförsörjning i Kalmar län. Kalmar, Fokus Kalmar län. 53.
- Andréasson, F., Gough, R. (2009). Anställda och brukare utforskar och utvärderar : 50 landstings- och kommunverksamheter för psykiskt funktionshindrade. Kalmar, Fokus Kalmar län.